Orlando Shooting.

Started by gil, June 12, 2016, 11:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Everyone in France is appalled and saddened by the news of the Orlando shooting and we all feel for the victims and families. The news is all over French TV. After the Paris shootings the French know all too well how devastating such violence can be. Again we have a common enemy, and again we will prevail.

Gil.

Jim Boswell

Gil, Thank the people of France for their prayers and concern.
This kind of monster goes where there is the least chance someone will be armed. There is no stopping this type of LONE WOLF attack. This guy was on the radar, he had been interviewed by the FBI twice.
This guy had been checked out, no gun control would have stopped this KILLER.
People need to realize the police can't be everywhere. 73'S  KA5SIW

cockpitbob

Gil, I also want to thank your for forwarding the good thoughts.  50 lives is a bigger tragedy than a person can really wrap their brain around.

Despite how unpopular this notion is, in every similar case, the bad guy with a gun is stopped by a good guy with a gun(most often a cop).  I have to wonder how different the outcome might have been if one or 2 good people were carrying a gun that night.  I have a license to carry concealed but have never carried.  After many years of not carrying I'm giving it serous thought.  There's too much of this kind of thing happening and I don't see it getting better any time soon.  There are people I know that consider it their duty to carry daily. 

RadioRay

"Gun Free Zones"'are a safe shooting gallery for these murderers. There were roughly 300 people there -vs- one criminal psychopath . They dialed 911 before the first shot. 3 hours later the police SWAT team ended it.

If even five percent of those 300 were armed, that would be 15 armed people against only one (soon to die) terrorist.

A. Soft target.

B. Hiding in the bathroom" does not stop murderers.

C. If those creatures in DC think that disarming us is the answer, let them go first: disband the Secret Service body guards, send the military "wall" of guards back to regular duty - including the POTUS air cover. After a few years of the politicians not having the benefit of armed protection, I'd be more likely to at least hear their thoughts .

>>>>=======> Assume responsibility for your own protection.

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Gun laws certainly did not stop the Paris attacks, more than a hundred dead and not a single victim able to defend themselves.
Gun laws of course have nothing to do with saving lives. They have everything to do with excessive taxation and control.

Gil