Happy 240th Birthday America!!!!

Started by cockpitbob, July 02, 2016, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockpitbob

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Independence day! :D   God bless America and all those that sacrificed so much to gain and preserve our freedom.

Gil,
A special message to the French.  Without their help 240 years ago, we'd still be subjects of the Crown, speaking with a silly British accent (though it can sound hot on a woman ::) ) and in 2 weeks when I'm at the family get-together in Maine I wouldn't be blowing off 2" mortar fireworks ;D .

Once again I'm precipitating in the Original 13 Colonies special event. (www.13colonies.net) I'm trying to get all 13, plus the PA and U.K. bonus stations all CW.  I have 9 so far.  I have to say SSB is more fun because the CW exchanges are quick while the SSB ones usually involve "God bless America" or some similar patriotic salutation.  It's refreshing to hear patriotism on the air.

gil

QuoteGil,
A special message to the French.

Thanks Bob. America is the last bastion of freedom in the developed world. I hope the global push against individual liberties stops at its borders and is extinguished within. The United States is my country more than France as far as my heart is concerned. You guys paid France back in WWII :)  Otherwise we'd be speaking with a German accent.. So yes, happy birthday America, and many more!

Gil.