MR100 Cheap Chinese Antenna Analyzer Review.

Started by gil, November 13, 2016, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

cockpitbob

Gil, looks interesting.  I eagerly await your additional reviews.  The eBay descriptions don't say much about it, but it looks small and light enough for trail use assuming it doesn't need to be connected to a computer to work.

gil

Hi Bob, you can use it without a computer, even scan a band for the resonant frequency. Here is the review:

Gil.

cockpitbob

Nice!  I'm not quite ready to dump my old MFJ-259, but I'm having a hard time resisting buying an MR100!

gil

I almost bought an MFJ-226, but the price of the MR100 was too tempting. I use UHF here more than VHF, so I really would like the RigExpert AA-600... When I can save a bit of money maybe...

Gil.

cockpitbob

Yeah, my MFJ-259 will do VHF antennas, and though I don't do much with them I guess I'll hang on to it for that.  But especially for multi-band antennas like your Windom, that scanning-plotting feature of the MR100 is great!

cockpitbob

Gil, I was cruising around Banggood.com looking for the MR100 and came across there SARK100
http://www.banggood.com/SARK100-1-60-Mhz-ANT-SWR-Antenna-Analyzer-Meter-Tester-for-Ham-Radio-Hobbists-p-1117315.html?rmmds=search

Judging by what I can see on the outside, it looks like it may be the same electronics re-packaged.  The specs look the same.  The cost is about the same, but it's in a real case(rather have BNC though) with internal battery pack(I think).  What do you think?  Same thing in different package?

I would almost not want it because I wouldn't get to build it lol.

gil

Indeed it is the same and uses the same software..

Gil

caulktel

Hey Gil,

I have the MR100 also and have had good success with mine. In your video review you said you would post the graphing software somewhere? In any case I cant seem to find it. Also, my power switch is down in the right bottom side of the tester, where yours is on top I noticed, otherwise everything seems to be the same.

Joel
N6ALT

gil

Hello Joel. I did post it somewhere here... Do a search on MR100... If you can't find it I'll look around...

Gil.

caulktel

N1KTJ

How does this compare to a simple SWR power meter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon_Garfio

Gil, thanks for share this analyzer, perhaps this model is more cheaper than Sark100 (box increase the price, I supose)and both are the same device, more or less.

I bought a Sark100 past month but I afraid the parcel is lost...

We live in a great moment to buy chinese rigs and electronic gadgets very very cheaps, when I started with radio in 1992 the gear was very expensive.
Sapere aude

gil

QuoteHow does this compare to a simple SWR power meter?

Very favorably, as it can be used as a simple SWR meter, as well as to scan a whole band or the whole of HF! It will also find the resonant frequency of your antenna.

Jon, I think the Chinese will keep surprising us...

Gil.

N1KTJ

It's $50 on eBay now. There is some good shift ware available also for $5 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk