Site update.

Started by gil, November 01, 2019, 06:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hello, I have updated the site to a new branch of the SMF software. Please post in this thread if you encounter glitches, things that annoy you, or things you like better...
Due to spamming, I have re-implemented verification via radio related questions for signing-up and also verification of the first few posts for new members. I did try admin-approved-only sign-ups for two weeks, but there are too many (mostly spammers) and I do not have the time. Hopefully they won't bother answering the registration questions...

Gil.

RadioRay

Thanks for the update & especially the SPAM fighting.
-...-

Here, my BRAVE browser will not logon but the Firefox and phone does (same password: "1234" but don't tell anyone!!!).  Other than that, it seems to work well .

73 de Ray  ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

NCGunDude

Gil, thanks for keeping in going. I enjoy your content on YT.

daedalus

Had huge problems getting the verification email. One did eventually appear in my spam and I got in, however many verification emails just never arrived (spam or normal ) . I even tried changing the address in case that was the cause, it wasn't

gil

Quote from: daedalus on November 05, 2019, 06:38:32 AMHad huge problems getting the verification email. One did eventually appear in my spam and I got in, however many verification emails just never arrived (spam or normal ) . I even tried changing the address in case that was the cause, it wasn't

Sorry about that, no idea why...
Gil.