EFHW sloper array?

Started by vy2js, December 04, 2019, 01:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vy2js

Would there be any advantage to be had by making an EFHW sloper array?

If the elevated supports are the same height and the correct distance apart, and the feedline to the 2nd sloper adjusted in length for the correct phasing, wouldn't the slopers then act like a beam of sorts?

This also presumes both "random" wires are the same length...

Maybe it could be a "bug out beam?"

Something to play with once the snow goes away I suppose.

Anyone ever try this?

gil

Hello. I think it would work. I have seen videos of people using multiple fishing poles to make a vertical Yagi-Uda on HF.. I see no reason why it wouldn't work as a sloper.. Not sure about the radiation pattern, but you would get gain...

Gil.

vy2js

Another thing to add to the list of outdoor experiments come spring.

Lol

Lamewolf

I used an EFHW sloper on 60 meters using a 49:1 transformer at the feed point that was at 7' and the far end of the wire (88') was 70' high in a tree.  Radiation was somewhat directional toward the feed point which was pointed toward the west.  But it did give good all around coverage too and had a flat swr of about 1.2:1 on all 5 channels.

N0AJS

Lamewolf,
 ive noticed that every time I setup my EFHWs they tend to favor the obtuse angle.   So if im "aiming" for a certain direction i tend to follow this rule. I have been very successful when i set up on the bank of a large pond or lake getting more radiation off the acute side. Water makes for a good ground plane and will help reflect the unusually low takeoff angles present on the backside of a sloper.