Just for Fun

Started by RadioRay, February 08, 2013, 08:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

Once bitten, your knowledge of Morse Code will show itself in the strangest ways. Birds chirping, seem to be sending messages. Rain drops sound like a thousand conversations in Morse and those silly movies where they pretend to be sending Morse, but are not - or are sending something entirely different... fun. . .  and then there is hidden Morse in architecture -

This left me laughing for several minutes. My dog would only tilt her head and wonder at my outbursts . . .

de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

raybiker73

White Tiger

Ok, I give...what's it "say"?
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

raybiker73

gil

LOL! Maybe it was intentional! Nah...

Sometimes I hear faint CW on the radio. I turn the knob to zero-beat it, and the tone doesn't change.. Because it isn't there!  :o

Gil.

White Tiger

If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

KC9TNH

Quote from: gil on February 09, 2013, 01:37:21 AMSometimes I hear faint CW on the radio. I turn the knob to zero-beat it, and the tone doesn't change.. Because it isn't there!  :o

Whew. Thought it was just me....
:-[

underhill

Quote from: KC9TNH on February 09, 2013, 01:17:57 PM
Quote from: gil on February 09, 2013, 01:37:21 AMSometimes I hear faint CW on the radio. I turn the knob to zero-beat it, and the tone doesn't change.. Because it isn't there!  :o

Whew. Thought it was just me....
:-[

Nope not just you guys.  Maybe code from SK's past still trying to cq to us?

There is a building Here in the LA area, in Hollywood just the fwy, called the Capital Records Tower, with a beacon atop it, that blinks out HOLLYWOOD at about 5WPM or so in morse code.  Been blinking out morse since it was built in the fifty's and is still blinking morse today.

I get a chuckle every time I happen to go by it, not often but happens.

Underhill