Husband hospitalized.

Started by Sunflower, November 02, 2012, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Tiger

Pray that God blesses you both, and that you have a peaceful and CALM Thanksgiving, Tess!
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

Sunflower

:)The rascal is hanging in there. Thank you for all the prayers. A friend described the process as, "three steps forward and two steps back."

I got in some time with practice testing tonight. I am working on small sections at a time. I like this method, as it seems to be sinking in. Ref: http://aa9pw.com/radio/technician/

Hubby is approaching week 4 in the hospital. On Friday, Black Friday, I was bad and bought a new Marlin 30-30. Notice a problem in workmanship with how the stock fit the receiver. Hoping the company can fix or replace it with a better fit and appearance. Its georgeous! Barrel is a brushed stainless steel. Sorry no pics. I couldn't even find the rifle on the Marlin Website.

Appreciate all the prayers.

KC9TNH

Quote from: Sunflower on November 25, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
:)The rascal is hanging in there. Thank you for all the prayers. A friend described the process as, "three steps forward and two steps back."

I got in some time with practice testing tonight. I am working on small sections at a time. I like this method, as it seems to be sinking in. Ref: http://aa9pw.com/radio/technician/

Hubby is approaching week 4 in the hospital. On Friday, Black Friday, I was bad and bought a new Marlin 30-30. Notice a problem in workmanship with how the stock fit the receiver. Hoping the company can fix or replace it with a better fit and appearance. Its georgeous! Barrel is a brushed stainless steel. Sorry no pics. I couldn't even find the rifle on the Marlin Website.

Appreciate all the prayers.
Nice score on the 30-30; a practical thing, handy, and benign when viewed by statists.
Prayers won't diminish; a slow rate of climb is better than none. Good to see you on.
;)

Frosty

Like this one Tess?  http://www.marlinfirearms.com/images/zoom_336XLR.jpg

Either way, hard to go wrong with a 30-30, stainless even better.  That's pretty much the deer hunting firearm of choice in the north woods, but it works great on anything in the 100-250lb category of 'animals'.   Congrats on the anniversary, and prayers to both of you.

gil

Great choice Tess. It is also a great self-defense rifle. Best wishes again to you husband.

Gil.

Sunflower

Quote from: Frosty on November 26, 2012, 06:19:22 PM
Like this one Tess?  http://www.marlinfirearms.com/images/zoom_336XLR.jpg

Either way, hard to go wrong with a 30-30, stainless even better.  That's pretty much the deer hunting firearm of choice in the north woods, but it works great on anything in the 100-250lb category of 'animals'.   Congrats on the anniversary, and prayers to both of you.

Frosty. Yes! That is it. Thanks for the pic.

Sunflower

Quote from: gil on November 26, 2012, 07:00:25 PM
Great choice Tess. It is also a great self-defense rifle. Best wishes again to you husband.

Gil.
I am thinking about turning the 9mm carbine from HiPoint into the house firearm.

Sunflower

My husband passed away during the early morning hours of January 10, 2013. The Mortuary has a website page about him at www.pvpmortuary.com.

Today is the first day back online. A friend came over and plugged me back on. I am in a cool room. I just plugged in a electric heater to help thaw out my fingers.

Missed you all.

TESS

gil

Very sorry for your loss Tess, my condoleances..
Welcome back.

Gil.

KC9TNH

And shall he rest in Peace. My condolences and I will keep you in my prayers Tess.

underhill

My condolences to you for your loss

Allan

cockpitbob

Tess,
You have my deepest sympathies.  Reading about Jack I can tell he must have been a remarkable man; the kind that made this country great.
May God bless and protect you.
Bob

raybiker73

My condolences for your loss.

Gambrinus

My condolences to you and your family Tess. 

White Tiger

Sorry to be so late with this Tess - my condolences.

It is good to have you back amongst us - and I am enjoying your posts about radio...and firearms!
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.