Does it seem like everyone is still in shock?

Started by White Tiger, November 17, 2012, 02:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC9TNH

Quote from: RadioRay on November 20, 2012, 10:46:03 AM
N0D -  That's funny!  I am designing a WAS  certificate (Worked All Survivors) for post event contesting...

---

As for the Decision tree:

1.  Financial collapse:   We are already in 'it', but it's a train wreck in SUCH slow motion that we're not in shock and even worse, most people are not perceiving the magnitude of the downward motion of the economy -v- the upward surge of inflation from the banker bail-outs. The welfare State is a ticking time-bomb, which I believe will be used as shock troops to take down most of any resistance, before it's time for the gummit to mop-up those who are left.  It's a Win/Win for tyrants: two birds/one stone.

Have the government threaten entitlements, the media whip-up a crowd with reporting of events - real or contrived and the usual suspects will hit the streets as they shift into high level crime/low level warfare against those who are still functioning [that's us]. This 'war' would eliminate the non-productive burden and greatly thin any potential resistance forces by having the mob and the resistance fight each other to the bitter end, then the paid troops slide-in to kill/control what remains.  Ordo Ab Chao [Order out of Chaos] . It's an old game and well practiced.  Ask the Polish Resistance during WW II why the USSR told them to rise-up! , then the Soviet troops were held back until both Nazis and Poles were almost completely fought out, and THEN the Red Army moved in to kill/enslave what remained of all sides. Joe Stalin did this in many places and I would believe that so will these guys, given the chance. The reporters will be gushing out praise of how the politicians liberated us. "History" will be written by those who remain victorious. This is why history will convince you that good people never lost a war. . . because good or bad, those defeated are NOT allowed to write the history, so that even the most evil tyrants look like perfumed princes in their own 'history'. [but I digress...]

Very acccurate history lesson this is. In modern times if one wants to watch the MSM whip up the peasants one can look to France recently, or if you're really hungry, Greece. (The UK masses are only now starting to ask questions about what all their EU money given has bought them. Shhhhh.)

Those who can defend their homesteads should know the legal latitude the authorities (waiting in the wings) will grant them.  The miscreants may not have bought up 5.56 or 7.62 in 1K round boxes but they might have learned how to make a Molotov cocktail and done some flash-mobbing practice at their local Stop & Rob. (Worth noting in my state anyway that even attempted arson of an occupied dwelling is an offense that garners the judicious application of deadly force. But I digress...)

The scenario cited with the Poles is a real one. I have a close friend whose grand-father was in that brotherhood (he managed to keep going westbound...). The Sovs played them like a banjo. Lesson:  Save your stockpiles and remember that, for any resistance, it's much more important to survive than to win one particular battle that you hope will be the remake of Red Dawn 2016. Yes, sorry, that means no embedded reporters - none.

Darn these digressions - it's all this talk of fire, which makes me think this is a run-off the zombies lesson.
Anyway, unless WO1 Ripley is in charge of all the spacecraft, hang in there.
8)

raybiker73

Quote from: WA4STO on November 18, 2012, 12:24:52 PM
Quote from: White Tiger on November 18, 2012, 11:28:39 AM

Oh - even more cool! Does it operate like an email program? Either way, that is going to be awesome - cant wait!

To my eye, it looks a LOT like email.  Here's a generic example that comes with RMS Express / Winmor

No need to "wait"; the system is already up and running, 365/24/7.  Did I mention it was all free?

I would guess that, with your location now, there'd be access to the system on 2 meters by way of your IC271.  As for the Ten-Tec OMni, that's still a work in progress but you're getting there as we speak/type.

73 de Luck, WA4STO

OK, this interests me in an extremely serious way, but unfortunately it seems like nobody has ever bothered to port a Mac client. I may have to break down and either buy a cheap-ass Windoze machine, or install a Windows partition on my MacBook Pro again. Grrrr.....

WA4STO

Yah that bites, in a big way. 

O.T.O.H. having been a long-time Windoze developer, I'm used to my ever-present shrug when trying to explain to the Mac crowd why the software they really want to run is just not available.  You've found yet another.

Pretty sure you already know this, but the W2LK system is accessible via the Mac and Airmail.  Not the same by any means but an option.

I'm gaining ground with Winmor but it's a slow grind.

73 de WA4STO

WA4STO

>>>N0D -  That's funny!  I am designing a WAS  certificate (Worked All Survivors) for post event contesting...

Heh, considering the Worked All Zones award these days, and noting with some wry humor that the last letter could well stand for 'zombies'.

OK, back to the Walking Dead series now...

73 de Luck, WA4STO