NVIS Florida

Started by Forager, November 22, 2012, 01:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forager

Anyone interested in doing some NVIS antenna experiments 80/40 shoot me an email. Current locator is EL96 (SW FL). Like to set up a mutual sked, and roll out the wire to see what works.

Forager

cockpitbob

I'm 1,200 miles away in NE Mass.  That's a skip,not NVIS, but I'm willing to give it a try.  I can jump down to the shack for a few minutes during grey line, or any time after 7:00pm tonight.

White Tiger

I would love to give it a whirl, heard someone on 80m from St Pete while working last night...I could hear him speaking to someone out of South Carolina...he couldn't hear me...so Im wondering if it wasn't just looooong path?

Of course, it could have been my SWR forcing my drive down so low he couldn't hear me, but each time I tried to crank up the drive...the SWR just shut the ol' Ten Tec Omni D down...

...but I'm in...I've got my 80m, 40m, 20m fan dipole up in a palm tree - about 25' a d been making some fabulous QSO's with mostly great/strong signal reports, but mostly on 40m.
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

White Tiger

Was on 80m last night with folks in Tampa, Ocala, and Sarasota. I had reconfigured my inverted v to try to eliminate some of the SWR/cancellation. I still didn't eradicate the problem...but I was able to hear them very clearly...due to the cancellation issue I STILL have, I couldn't get my drive above "2" ...meaning my power was so diminished they could barely hear me...but still, that got me intrigued!

White Tiger

Anyone from here on that net?