Repeater Directory

Started by Geek, March 18, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geek

I've used a repeater directory to program some repeaters into my radio, but if I start scanning and pick up a signal that I suspect is a repeater, how do I identify where it is?  In other words I have a frequency and want to find the repeater.  Everything I have seen is alphabetic by town.

madball13

There are a couple of apps for smartphones that show you the closest based on position and allows you to search a frequency that you can hear

cockpitbob

Quote from: Geek on March 18, 2013, 09:02:09 PM
I've used a repeater directory to program some repeaters into my radio, but if I start scanning and pick up a signal that I suspect is a repeater, how do I identify where it is?  In other words I have a frequency and want to find the repeater.  Everything I have seen is alphabetic by town.
Every 10 minutes the repeater will identify itself, either with its call sign in Morse, or with a voice message.  From its call you can probably find more on the web.

Geek

I solved the problem by copying an online directory for NY and NJ and pasting it into a spreadsheet.  I can now sort or filter the spreadsheet by whatever information I have.  Seems to work so far.

Joe

I have had the same problem, found a place where I can put in the state and frequency and it gives me the info. It also is a good source for scanner frequency for your area. You go to your state then county and it will bring up the frequencies in your area, Fire, Police, Utilities and so on. Hope it helps.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/