SOLD!

Started by KC9TNH, June 09, 2013, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC9TNH

Yaesu FT-817ND: 160-6m HF and 2m/70cm. Includes all the original equipment that comes with it:
- MH-31 mic
- complete 3-piece antenna for the front antenna connector (2m/70cm)
- NiMh rechargeable battery pack
- AA alkaline battery pack
- Power cord & original manual.

Additional items included:
- W4RT Collins 500Hz CW filter (installed)
- Palm 'peg-leg' stands (installed)
- Additional power cord to cig lighter plug
- VE3AYR's outstanding "Pack-It' book for the FT-817 (which in my view is a much finer reference than the OEM manual, being indexed & actually organized logically).

Used mostly in this non-smoking shack, only tail-gated up at nearby hunting property a few times. Everything works.

$580 shipped - USPS & insured, CONUS only, with delivery confirmation. You get tracking number & my personal phone #.  USPS Money Order only.  Pics included here.  Please contact directly via email at:
wesg19 - at - gmail dot com

If you're a member who also wants to learn CW and I'm in the right mood I might just toss in a J-37 key.
73 de KC9TNH  :)

Personal thanks to Gil for setting up this sub-area.

s2man

Oh man.  You are tempting me.  That sounds a great price, to me. 

My first thought is, How does long distance communication fit into my preps? Would the money be better spent on other preps?  But, isn't this why I got my General? 

Thank a lot, KC9TNH.  This is really gonna gnaw at me until I decide...

WA4STO

Quote from: s2man on June 12, 2013, 10:30:58 AM

My first thought is, How does long distance communication fit into my preps?

Now there's a question I can dig my heels into.

For me, the ability to provide additional portions of the ham radio digital forwarding networks gives me a great deal of pleasure.

What we have in place now are several distinct networks that allow you to get SHTF and prepping data in (and out) to friends and loved ones around the country. 

Want to establish pre-TEOTWAWKI, error-free comms between your BOL and  your friends' locations in the next county, next State, or across the nation?  No problem.

Want to generate a query requesting info on the availability of electricity two time zones away?  We can handle that.

Best 73

Luck, WA4STO
ARRL A1-operator, BPL Medallion holder, circa 1977
VUCC Satellite (all CW)
NTS(D) Digital Relay Station, Central Area
NTS(D) Target Station, CAN, TEN & NE
TCC Station ?Fox?

KC9TNH

s2man: Luck brings up a good point (since this is morphing into a discussion). My note to you regarding CW being a best-use of QRP notwithstanding, you can see from other sub-fora here that low-power can do a couple of other digital modes as well.  (There are some other little pieces involved but all tools in the bag.)

OK, shutting up now to take a phone call query on the rig...
(KX3 maybe here I come.)
8)

Geek

Quote from: KC9TNH on June 09, 2013, 08:59:41 PM
Yaesu FT-817ND: 160-6m HF and 2m/70cm. Includes all the original equipment that comes with it:
- MH-31 mic
- complete 3-piece antenna for the front antenna connector (2m/70cm)
- NiMh rechargeable battery pack
- AA alkaline battery pack
- Power cord & original manual.

Additional items included:
- W4RT Collins 500Hz CW filter (installed)
- Palm 'peg-leg' stands (installed)
- Additional power cord to cig lighter plug
- VE3AYR's outstanding "Pack-It' book for the FT-817 (which in my view is a much finer reference than the OEM manual, being indexed & actually organized logically).

Used mostly in this non-smoking shack, only tail-gated up at nearby hunting property a few times. Everything works.

$580 shipped - USPS & insured, CONUS only, with delivery confirmation. You get tracking number & my personal phone #.  USPS Money Order only.  Pics included here.  Please contact directly via email at:

If you're a member who also wants to learn CW and I'm in the right mood I might just toss in a J-37 key.
73 de KC9TNH  :)

Personal thanks to Gil for setting up this sub-area.
I would like to purchase this.  How do we arrange payment and shipping?  Can you take a credit card, check or whatever?

KC9TNH

Quote from: KC9TNH on June 09, 2013, 08:59:41 PMUSPS & insured, CONUS only, with delivery confirmation. You get tracking number & my personal phone #.  USPS Money Order only.  Pics included here.  Please contact directly via email at:
Geek, as stated.
Go direct with me on email & I'll shoot you my phone number.

Several nibbles from other listings, but you are the first who knows how to construct a declarative sentence*; ergo, you are Numbah One, GI.  ;D
Also, do you qualify for the Preppers-First Getting-Into-CW bonus mentioned?
(Otherwise it'll go to grand-daughter for her 4H project.)
Shoot me an email.

s2man

Congrat's, Geek.  Wes, if Geek has to back out for any reason, put me down in the number two slot.

I was about to yes, all morning, while working in the yard.  Then I went to work.  It was a very busy day, and I was just now able to get back online...  That'll teach me.  But at least I've crossed the mental threshold of buying an HF transciever, so I'll be quicker next time.   :)

KC9TNH

Quote from: s2man on June 12, 2013, 10:44:14 PM
Congrat's, Geek.  Wes, if Geek has to back out for any reason, put me down in the number two slot.

I was about to yes, all morning, while working in the yard.  Then I went to work.  It was a very busy day, and I was just now able to get back online...  That'll teach me.  But at least I've crossed the mental threshold of buying an HF transciever, so I'll be quicker next time.   :)
Roger, that. It happens. No worries  ;D  FWIW, I posted it here initially for a reason. The "nibbles" I was mentioning came from a bunch of others, no one here, due to finally putting it up somewhere else as well - then they'd go quiet literally 5 minutes later trying to contact them.  There are quite a few 817's etc., and other radios out there, seems to be a buyer's market. Seen this in gun shops - either people have decided to upgrade to something or clean out the shack.

Again, thanks to Gil for adding this forum area. Will be interesting to get another member on-air and, downstream, see if that CW relay thing KK0G was talking about is workable.

de kc9tnh es this thread is going QRT . .
8)