Setting up regular skeds - do it now, not after SHTF

Started by KK0G, July 17, 2013, 11:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

Quote from: Rob_ma on September 03, 2013, 04:38:36 PM
Anyone interested in a Friday morning SSB sked? I work from home most of the time on that day and could leave the radio on during the morning (~8-10am ET) for a quick check in.

- Rob

Not even sure where my microphone is 8) .
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

Hey Rob -

The timing for the SSB is not good for me. HOWEVER, there is a great Preppers SSB net on Sunday nights 9 pm Eastern near 7242 (usually UP for QRM).  It's run by The American Preppers Radio Network (TAPRN).  It's usually easy to find because their excellent net control station is Ruth and as you know, there are very few women on the bands.  They may eventually return to the 80 meters frequency once we're into winter, but search for them, usually starting about 20:30 in the 'pre-net' with the official kick-off at 9.  I am usually there.

de RadioRay ..._ ._
W7ASA
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KC9TNH

Thanks Ray, I might even try to listen in to that one.  I remembered I don't have to go to work on Mondays.
Kinda like Chris, I'll listen or use the 450D - I just remembered that there is a mic for the KX3 but it's in the wrap, in the box, and the box is, uh.....
8)

gil

Terry, just call for "gil" some evening on 7030 or 7037 at ten EST...
Chris, Wes, I am on 7037 now...

Gil.

KC9TNH

Quote from: gil on September 03, 2013, 09:43:36 PM
Terry, just call for "gil" some evening on 7030 or 7037 at ten EST...
Chris, Wes, I am on 7037 now...

Gil.
FYI, we were both occupied with family events (although I got back early).
Typically Chris calls me and he is EXTREMELY punctual. Unless there is something obvious that has to move us to 30m or something, if you don't hear us by :05-:08 after the hour (0200Z) it's because one or the other is occupied. If Chris is there, he's there like a German train schedule.
8)

gil

Hello Wes, I'll just keep on listening when I can, no biggie..  :)

Gil.

KC9TNH

Quote from: gil on September 04, 2013, 12:04:22 PM...no biggie..  :)

Gil.
Yep, that's the name of the game. Conversely, if stuff goes north at some point, skeds in a closer circle of folks are the things that - if adhered to and then not met - would lead one to inquire after the other end. Not there yet. For now we try to drop each other a note if we know we won't be around. But it's a good time and has worked to be a positive learning tool. (How well I know that Morse is a perishable skill.)

Funny how I find myself in some other commitment & thinking I'd rather be pounding brass to Chris. Speaking of my bass club meeting tonight...
::)

KK0G

I just watch the atomic clock in my shack and when it strikes 0200Z I start calling. If Wes is there I get an immediate reply, if not I'll call a few more times but I've pretty well determined by that point that he's not there for whatever reason. If you don't hear Wes reply that's your cue to give me a call if anyone else is listening. Since I know Wes will be gone this evening I'll give a CQ RAD PREP call tonight if anyone wants to try.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

Rob_ma

Quote from: RadioRay on September 03, 2013, 06:03:59 PM
The timing for the SSB is not good for me. HOWEVER, there is a great Preppers SSB net on Sunday nights 9 pm Eastern near 7242 (usually UP for QRM).  It's run by The American Preppers Radio Network (TAPRN).  It's usually easy to find because their excellent net control station is Ruth and as you know, there are very few women on the bands.  They may eventually return to the 80 meters frequency once we're into winter, but search for them, usually starting about 20:30 in the 'pre-net' with the official kick-off at 9.  I am usually there.

Yeah, I know it is an odd time but I have an odd schedule. Just thought I'd throw it out there just in case. Sunday evenings are more family orientated so there isn't always opportunity to even listen in. Does anyone record the net and put it online?

- Rob

Archangel320420

I was on 7037 at 2200 UTC. Nil heard from the group here. I did manage to work WB0ZWW in Leoti, Kansas who 589 here. CU guys later.

Archangel320420

Well dang!  Did I mess up the time again? I thought it was to be 2200Z.  I just read KK0G's post about 0200 UTC. Haaaaaa  I will give a listen then. (I think I am becoming senile or worse, brain damaged from CW).

KK0G

Quote from: Archangel320420 on September 04, 2013, 06:55:53 PM
Well dang!  Did I mess up the time again? I thought it was to be 2200Z.  I just read KK0G's post about 0200 UTC. Haaaaaa  I will give a listen then. (I think I am becoming senile or worse, brain damaged from CW).

I see you already discovered your mistake 8) .

CQ RAD PREP call in 2 hours and 7 minutes from now at 0200Z.

KK0G

KK0G

Terry and I managed to have a nice QSO this evening, I copied his fire breathing 60 watt!! signal (which just happens to be 30 times my output 8) ) at about 559. I lost a few characters here and there to QRM but never enough to prevent 100% copy. No doubt with his location in relation to Wes and me he'll have no trouble reaching either of us on a regular basis.

KK0G

Archangel320420

Nice QSO with Chris on 7037. Wow that QRM is something else haaaaaa Sounded like a night club full of a flock of geese circling a field! Here is the text of QSO if anyone is interested. I sort of paraphrased some of it.

KK0G calls CQ Prep // 0200 UTC

KK0G De NN0AA K
NN0AA De KK0G GE UR 559 QRM KN
KK0G De NN0AA  R GE UR also 559 QSB and QRM HW? KK0G De NN0AA KN
BK sri Dont know ur name BK
BK  TERRY  BK
BK hi Terry X Looks like just U es me tonight BK
BK wat is Gil call BK
BK XXXXX BK
R R
KK0G  What is your QTH? BK
BK  MN MN MN BK
FB copy Terry X Gud sig from MN Rig hr KX1 pwr 2 wts BK
BK  WOW 2watts? I am about 60 watts icom 706MK2G to windom BK
BK WOW thats like QRO compared to mine HI BK
De NN0AA R R  ur two watts is great BK
//KK0G  BK  RR icoms windom working FB here X ant her is dpl at 30 ft De KK0G KN
//NN0AA  BK R I see u spend time on range BK
//KK0G   Yes I enjoy teaching shooting, lots of fun BK
//NN0AA  I try to improve combat shooting all the time BK
BK   RR Tnx fer chat Terry X feel free to join Wes es I anytime  De KK0G KN
73  and friend me on facebook// NN0AA
dit dit

gil

Darn, sorry I missed you guys... I can try again on Friday...
Terry, I'm often nights on 7030, try calling me some time...

Gil.