Ham and wine...

Started by gil, September 03, 2013, 04:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

KK0G

My palette must not be sophisticated enough for wine because I've tried lots of them (wine tasting event thingy) and didn't like any of them................ I'll stick with beer 8)   
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Well, I used to not like wine, until I tried some good ones... The one on the photo is a $5 bottle though, not the best.. Buy hey, I'm watching my girly figure, so no beer for me!  :D Well, except the occasional Guiness. Now my favorite alcohol is Cointreau, or Grand Marnier when I can't find Cointreau.. With a cigar or pipe (which Ray got me into! Thanks Ray  ;) ), there is nothing better! All in moderation, of course.

Gil.

RadioRay

During Winter, I find a nice aged Port or 'smoky' Merlot and Saga or other aged bleu cheese goes well with my pipe of English or light German aromatic tobacco to 'enhance the experience' of tapping code on a key older than even I am ! ha ha 

During the summers, either a nice, chilled Pinot Grigio, Riesling or iced Martini Bianco ... and only a little tobacco in this hot, humid Southern weather.

de RadioRay ..._ ._

Ps. We have a screened-in porch for tobacco so that the house does not pick-up the old tobacco smell.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

LOL! I can't even imagine where you found that photo Ray, did you make it?

Gil.

RadioRay

It's an actual, commercial product.  I don't know whether it came from the same vintner, but we had a version of this at a fine food place not far from wher eI used to live aboard my boat!  they also made their own bread daily , had excellent cheese and other items not generally found in the USA.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Frosty

Makes sense.  It's a little known fact, but the F. B. in Samuel Morse's name actually stood for Fine Bordeaux.  Really.

Me, with Italian cuisine, prefer I nice Dago Red.  Yes, I can say that...  No offense to any other dago's here. :)

KK0G

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

And Chardonnay! I wish they had a .--. .. -. --- -   -. --- .. .-. !

Gil.