LNR FX4

Started by Archangel320420, September 06, 2013, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel320420

What do you guys think of this rig? It sort of looks like it is battery pig on receive.

http://www.lnrprecision.com/

Archangel320420

KK0G  Your last transmission was a bust except I heard you sign off with me of course. Some station was EXACTLY on your frequency. Truly amazing. No phase filtering could help ever. haa

gil

I used to own the FX-2 and it was fine. 270mA on receive isn't that great indeed. My KX3 can drop 100mA below that...

Gil.

cockpitbob

It's got my interest.  I just ordered a reconditioned TenTec H1B1 (40M/20M) just to see if I like QRP portable as much as I think.  If I do this LSR-FX4 would be great, assuming it performs.  But battries would be an issue.

KK0G

Haven't seen that before, neat looking rig. My initial impression from only looking at the info in the link:

Pros - appears to be relatively compact and lightweight, covers my two favorite bands; 40m and 20m with the bonus of 30m, large display with what looks like a clear protective cover?, 300 kHz filter, built in speaker, SSB RX (personally I don't much care about the fact it also transmits SSB but I guess that's a plus 8) )

Cons - high RX current drain, no internal battery?, no provision for paddles to attach directly to rig, no provision for built in auto tuner.

Can you tell I really like my KX1? ;D
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G