New Call Sign...N4CA!

Started by KC3AOL, September 21, 2013, 07:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC3AOL

I got my new call sign this morning and it was my top choice. It ended up being a random selection between 14 people and I got it! I wanted it because it looks like NACA (National Advisory Council on Aeronautics) which was the predecessor to NASA (I'm an aerospace engineer). You'll still see the influence of NACA in the world today. Look at a NASCAR or any sports car and look at the air ducts. Chances are that they are "NACA ducts". If you look at just about any airfoil, chances are that it was developed by NACA and has a NACA designation number.

It also doesn't hurt that it's short which will make it easier to say or key in CW...once I learn CW ;)

So Gil, it's it possible to change my username or will I need to create a new one?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

KK0G

Very cool! Yes, you'll enjoy a short 1x2 call on CW. So is this the result of a recent upgrade or have you had Extra for a while now?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KC3AOL

I got my Extra a couple months ago, but have been searching for a call sign that I wanted. I finally found this one that became available on September 2nd, so I had to wait a while before I could apply, then the wait to get it.

KK0G

Quote from: KC3AOL on September 21, 2013, 12:11:20 PM
I got my Extra a couple months ago, but have been searching for a call sign that I wanted. I finally found this one that became available on September 2nd, so I had to wait a while before I could apply, then the wait to get it.

Well then a belated congratulations are in order, so congrats. It's really nice not having to worry about limitations on your privileges, a shorter call is just icing on the cake.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

That indeed does sound good in Morse  :) I will check to see if I can change your call in the database.

Gil.