Bitcoin donations to: 1CE9UfWJcHBYkWPns7iqBqZgKhd5xfqEaM thanks!
Buy Bitcoins easily by clicking HERE and get $10 in free bitcoins!

Author Topic: The American Prepper Radio Network (Sunday Net)  (Read 19277 times)

John Galt

• SMeter: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The American Prepper Radio Network (Sunday Net)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »
I was listening to 3818 last night but didn't hear much going on.  I'll try again next week and tune around a little.  Thanks.

madball13

• SMeter: +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »
This Prepper's Net is definitely operational every Sunday at 9pm eastern and was on tonight at about 3833. Remember, they have to search for a clear frequency, because sometimes 3818 has other operator's using it.  The general rule it 3818 and UP , tune for the woman's voice and/or preppers' talking.

>Ray

Thanks Ray, i'll keep trying.

RadioRay

• Administrator
  • SMeter: +40/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
We do have check-ins from up in your area and either the net control or I will hear what the other doesn't.  CSA - Richmond stopped jamming 'Yankee' radio transmissions a couple of months ago ago, so it's legal for us to hear you down here now   :D

>RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

geoffrain

• SMeter: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »
What happened to the website? Seems to be MIA lately...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KK0G

• Administrator
  • SMeter: +23/-0
    • View Profile
    • Efficient Combat Training Inc.
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
What happened to the website? Seems to be MIA lately...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I understand it's kind of semi-permanently gone.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

raybiker73

• SMeter: +11/-0
  • Hey everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
I'm going to see about checking into this net again once I get rid of some of the wintry weather. Snow and ice seem to make my dipole take a serious dump on 80m and 40m, but it suddenly kicks some serious butt on 12m and 15m. Go figure.
73 Ray WA3PRR

madball13

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »

We do have check-ins from up in your area and either the net control or I will hear what the other doesn't.  CSA - Richmond stopped jamming 'Yankee' radio transmissions a couple of months ago ago, so it's legal for us to hear you down here now   :D

>RadioRay ..._ ._

the Yankees up here would call me a copperhead.

RadioRay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »
Ha!   Actually, there seems to be a phenomenon where if a person travels North long enough, it's like The South.  Northern Idaho for example:

In Northern Idaho, any place with a sign out front that reads: Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives is NOT a government agency
 - it's a convenience store! 

Moo-ha-ha-ha!

73 de RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

RichardSinFWTX

• SMeter: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 12:14:03 AM »
No, Ray!  You just circled the planet!  You're in Texas!!   8)

madball13

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
I "Heard" the net last night. I only heard a few stations and after 45 minutes the distinctive female net control voice was recognized but not identifiable. I get a ton of noise on my dipole at the QTH.

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »
I "Heard" the net last night. I only heard a few stations and after 45 minutes the distinctive female net control voice was recognized but not identifiable. I get a ton of noise on my dipole at the QTH.

I had the exact same experience last night.  I could hear the female voice but too much noise for the net to be useful.  I wish I could stick up a big old antenna on a tower but I'm HOA restricted.   :(

madball13

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »

I had the exact same experience last night.  I could hear the female voice but too much noise for the net to be useful.  I wish I could stick up a big old antenna on a tower but I'm HOA restricted.   :(

I have a full size 80m Dipole at the house and i think i just need to troubleshoot the noise.

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
I'm curious as to the geographic location of the net control because I wasn't picking her up well at all.  I'm running a Chameleon Hybrid for an antenna but at the height I've got it, it's probably more useful for NVIS.

RadioRay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »
Sunday was not very good for me on 80 meters.  The net control is in Georgia, and she was weak/readable here, while Oklahoma and other distant stations were stronger than usual, indicating that maybe the band had already gone 'long'. I am in Virginia.

>RadioRay ..._ ._

madball13

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:44 PM »
Sunday was not very good for me on 80 meters.  The net control is in Georgia, and she was weak/readable here, while Oklahoma and other distant stations were stronger than usual, indicating that maybe the band had already gone 'long'. I am in Virginia.

>RadioRay ..._ ._

I heard the OK station, i know the call sign well, and that was the strongest one i heard.