Hour of cw and an hour in the gym

Started by Luigi, May 09, 2014, 03:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi

I had an hour long cw qso today followed by an hour in the gym lifting. I think reading cw was harder of the two. I am at that point where I can hear the letters and know them by the sound. I like chatting with people who use a keyer. The straight key is pretty hard to make out. Thanks to all here for inspiration to try cw. It is a fun challenge.

Phew. Time for a cold one.

Luigi

gil

Awesome Luigi!

I need to start exercising again, after being lazy the last two years (I was depressed). I have to say, radio gave me something to think about, something to do. Too many older Hams give up exercising. Hell, I see a lot of fat young ones at radio meetings.. Not good in terms of preparedness and health. Anyway, I did P90X two-and-a-half years ago, almost twice, and it was very hard. I was in great shape after that though. I want to do it again. At 47 it is quite a challenge. Last night I taught a Systema class and it felt good to move again. The skills are still there, but I am a bit physically rusted. Now I also need to work on my Morse code head-copy ;)

Gil.

Luigi

Today I am feeling it. I added extra weight last night at the gym. This morning I could barely lift a bar of soap. No CW today.
I saw a web page of some guy doing cw on this bicycle. I bet he can code well.
Luigi

mdmc

Quote from: gil on May 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM
Awesome Luigi!

At 47 it is quite a challenge. Last night I taught a Systema class and it felt good to move again. The skills are still there, but I am a bit physically rusted. Now I also need to work on my Morse code head-copy ;)

Gil.

Not to worry Gill. Soon you will get over being 47.

Luigi

gil