The United States Civil Defense Association Wants Ham Operators.

Started by gil, November 29, 2013, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sheriff Mack's Constitutional Posse <mail@constitutionalsheriffs.ning.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Subject: LICENSED AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS

LICENSED AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE

UNITED STATES CIVIL DEFENSE ASSOCIATION'S  EMERGENCY

NATIONWIDE COMMUNICATION NETWORK

The United States Civil Defense Association is in the process of constructing an emergency, nationwide, communication network. The purpose of the nationwide emergency network is to provide assistance to those in need of emergency assistance in a timely and effective manner. A second important role of the emergency communication network is to provide reliable communication between and among USCDA members, both during emergency and non-emergency situations. Additional details concerning the United States Civil Defense Association is available on our website at WWW.USCDA.COM .

If you hold a General class amateur radio operator's license or higher, and would be interested in participating in the development of the USCDA's emergency amateur radio network and making it an operational reality, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Membership in the United States Civil Defense Association is available, but not required. For additional information, please feel free to contact Major Randall Smith, Commander, Emergency Nationwide Communication Network at randynlr@yahoo.com. I sincerely hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge of electronics and amateur radio toward making the USCDA's network a success.

HAM Operators from around the country please contact:
Major Randall Smith, Commander, KF5YMT randynlr@yahoo.com
Emergency Nationwide Communication Network
United States Civil Defense Association

www.sheriff mack'sconstitutionalposse.com

Visit Sheriff Mack's Constitutional Posse at: http://constitutionalsheriffs.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

RichardSinFWTX

Gil,

The United States Civil Defense Association website is:  http://www.uscda.us/ not .com

Richard

cockpitbob

Sadly I've got mixed feelings.  On the one hand I've been wanting to get into public service and the demands of family life will soon allow time for that.  On the other hand, I've lost so much trust in the .gov that my first reflex is to back away from forming any relationship with any part of it.

raybiker73

I feel the same way, Bob. I belong to a local radio club, but I avoid all the "emergency services" stuff like the plague. My name is on enough lists as it is, I don't really want it on one more, especially a bunch of lowlifes like FEMA.

I believe that USCDA, however, is not a .gov organization, but rather a citizen's group. I'll check it out a little bit, but I can't imagine the feds aligning themselves with any group supported by "Sheriff Mack's Constitutional Posse." Constitutionalism is against everything our government stands for.  8)

cockpitbob

Ray, thanks for the insight.  I'll look into USCDA a little more.

gil

QuoteI believe that USCDA, however, is not a .gov organization, but rather a citizen's group.

That is the reason I reposted this.. Otherwise I would not have bothered. I have yet to have a good look at the site, but it might be worth reading.

Gil.

mdmc

Quote from: raybiker73 on November 30, 2013, 12:37:28 PM

I believe that USCDA, however, is not a .gov organization, but rather a citizen's group. I'll check it out a little bit, but I can't imagine the feds aligning themselves with any group supported by "Sheriff Mack's Constitutional Posse." Constitutionalism is against everything our government stands for.  8)

You are correct about them being a citizen's group. I was vaguely aware of the USCDA but this prompted me to dig deep to find any connection with big brother. I found none what so ever. I spent about 10 hours reading the site and some of the other associations linked from the site.

Part of that time was because of slow speeds online lately. 

I wanted to know more so I contacted the gentleman that has the email address on Gil's post. I was pleased with his reply. I personally feel ok about the group so far.

Thanks for posting this Gil.