School Kids Are Learning Morse: to cheat?!?!?

Started by cockpitbob, January 28, 2014, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockpitbob

Now there's an iPhone app that will replay your school test cheat notes in Morse vibrations.

Now here's a case of mixed emotions for me. 
As the article notes, the kids are willing to work hard to learn Morse and cheat on tests instead of just learning the material.

Archangel320420

I ain't admitting nuthin about my wayward yute and tapping pencils on school desks etc etc.

KK0G

I had a history teacher in high school who actually encouraged us to make cheat sheets for tests. His theory was that in the process of researching answers and transcribing them to paper, what we were actually doing was gasp.................. studying the material! Of all things holy, a guy can't even cheat without learning something! LOL
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

madball13

Quote from: KK0G on January 28, 2014, 02:56:39 PM
I had a history teacher in high school who actually encouraged us to make cheat sheets for tests. His theory was that in the process of researching answers and transcribing them to paper, what we were actually doing was gasp.................. studying the material! Of all things holy, a guy can't even cheat without learning something! LOL

Same thing happened to me in ornithology in college. Once i interviewed the AM class about what was on the test i ended up learning the material.

gil

What I discovered in college was that listening in class actually worked :o I wish I had found that out in high school...

Gil.

WA4STO

Quote from: KK0G on January 28, 2014, 02:56:39 PM
I had a history teacher in high school who actually encouraged us to make cheat sheets for tests.

My Western Civ history teach in college made it a point to tell us which of his discussion points during the day's ramblings would be on the next test. 

A few years later, a fellow named "Dick Bash" (anybody here remember him?) would encourage new ham radio test takers to report which exact
questions were on the exam.  Then he published them.  Oh, how we all thought he was the devil incarnate.  I mean how DARE he?

But wait.  Wasn't it a short time later that the FCC published all the questions AND all the correct answers?  Uh... yah it was.  :)

Luck