Using tQSL to Upload to LoTW

Started by RichardSinFWTX, March 19, 2014, 04:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardSinFWTX

Here's something I whipped out (haven't said THAT since my wedding night) on how to record your contacts using tQSL and upload them to LoTW.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WixOlKiz5ZS1lnaGVuT1dhRnc/edit?usp=sharing

Give it a try.  If you have any problems post them here and I'll see what I can do to help. 

Also if you see any typos or corrections that need to be made, PM those to me!

EDIT:  There is one thing in the document that I forgot to mention.  You can run the software on multiple machines once you've got it running right on one of them.  Just click on File...then choose "Backup Station Locations, Certificates and Preferences"...on the working machine.  Copy the file to a thumb drive, CD or the cloud then restore those settings on another machine that you've installed tQSL on.  This does NOT copy your contact file(s) though.  That's why I store mine on my OneDrive account (formerly SkyDrive).

John Galt

Dayum!  That was quick!

I'll look it over when I get home.  Thanks!

RichardSinFWTX

Did it on my lunch break...;)

Once you've got it working, it's golden! 

John Galt

OK, I think I'm good.

One question though:  Under "Mode" they have numerous items in the drop down menu.  Two of which are "Phone" and "SSB".  Will this cause a mismatch even though they're both correct?

OK, I found the answer: all phone modes will also match as they are in the phone group.  Therefore, "Phone" and "SSB" will make a match.

So I'll pose another question:  When you post a QSO with W1AW, will you get a match if you don't add "/7"?  None of my W1AW QSOs have a match but it may take awhile for them to upload all that.

RichardSinFWTX

Yes, you should use the "/x" qualifier for the W1AW stations...

What I wish they would've done instead of using /x they would have used the / and then the state abbreviation.  I'm sure there's a reason why they didn't though.

With the USB/phone thing, I list them as USB; but that's just me. 

EDIT:  Looks like you're good to go!  I just checked my LoTW log and our QSO was confirmed!

NWARadio

Thanks so much for the tutorial. Look forward to trying it this weekend.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

RichardSinFWTX

Give it a shot and let me know if there are any tweaks that need to be made!

NWARadio

Just used your tutorial and it was perfect. Checked the LOTW website and confirmed that everything worked. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

So long, and thanks for all the fish

RichardSinFWTX