No radio activity.

Started by NWARadio, July 04, 2014, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWARadio

I haven't forgotten about this group or the fact that I want to make contact with several of you. Summer just isn't a good time for me to sit in front of a radio. I've been selling some extra radios, working longer hours and working on some other things around the house. Hopefully by the end of winter I'll be working some CW. Hope everyone enjoys the heat and humidity! Lol
So long, and thanks for all the fish

cockpitbob

I'm getting a little operating done.  I'm in a rented lakeside house in Maine filled with 18 family members and 2 bathrooms.  I've got a 63' end fed wire 70' up in a pine (my best slingshot shot ever) to kill time between fishing, canoeing, blowing off fireworks (2" mortars are legal here - boohya!), playing pool and being with the old and young fold.  I'm spending slack time working the 13-Colonies special event.  I'm trying to hit all 13 with CW but there's not many 13-colonie stations doing CW.  I got my 7 year old nephew to make a couple contacts for me.  He's a little hard to understand with those 2 front teeth missing lol.

NWARadio

CW is my next big job. I'm getting pretty excited about doing some QRP CW. Sounds like you're having a good time up north!
So long, and thanks for all the fish

DCJon

12, 15 and 17m were quite active yesterday. 

madball13

Quote from: cockpitbob on July 04, 2014, 04:03:03 PM
I'm getting a little operating done.  I'm in a rented lakeside house in Maine filled with 18 family members and 2 bathrooms.  I've got a 63' end fed wire 70' up in a pine (my best slingshot shot ever) to kill time between fishing, canoeing, blowing off fireworks (2" mortars are legal here - boohya!), playing pool and being with the old and young fold.  I'm spending slack time working the 13-Colonies special event.  I'm trying to hit all 13 with CW but there's not many 13-colonie stations doing CW.  I got my 7 year old nephew to make a couple contacts for me.  He's a little hard to understand with those 2 front teeth missing lol.

Nice Bob. I'll be up in Maine for a week in August.

Completed a clean sweep of the 13 colonies. NH was alluding me till 9pm Sunday night.

cockpitbob

Matt, nice job on the clean sweep.  2 years ago the certificate had a picture of Old Ironsides that I liked so much I framed it for my shack even though I only got 8/13.
Friday night in Maine my 15yo son finally got into it (showing off in front of his favorite uncle) and bagged 10.  Saturday after we got home he completed the 13 plus the 2 extra stations.  He's a no-code General so it was all SSB.  I got 3 of the QRP-QRP stations with my KX1.  I wanted to do all 13 CW but there weren't as many CW stations as I was hoping for.

Luigi

Wow. I need to get back on the air. Since my kid graduated from high school this summer, I have not been on the air. Too much happening at once.