Eyeball QSO

Started by KK0G, January 03, 2015, 10:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

As many of you know Wes - KC9TNH - and I got together here on the forum and started a nightly QRP sked over a year ago now. Wes may not be showing up here very regular much more but he's still alive and kicking and our sked is still pretty regular most evenings. The weather here in the midwest was absolutely beautiful Thursday and Friday so I planned a flight up to a buddies place in north east Iowa to take advantage of it. Looking at the map I noticed that Wes wasn't very far over the Wisconsin border from my buddies place so the next morning I flew up to see him also and we had lunch together. Pretty cool to finally shake the hand of the guy I've chatted with so many times, then fly back home with plenty of time to meet him on the air that night......... airplanes are cool!! Thanks for lunch Wes.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

Very nice!  Good friends, good flying weather and beautiful terrain to fly over.

KC9TNH

Chris is right as far as forum activity; internet activities lessened over the past year except in a couple of areas; no comment on this fine forum here.

Chris, the pleasure was literally all mine. Nice to see the local area again from the air, not having flown actively in many years, so thanks for that.  Fine pilot, fine landing (ultimately all pilots get judged on their landings right wrong or indifferent). Always valuable to have some meatspace to season the cyber and RF worlds and put face to CW contacts.

Maybe when the spring (or usual fall) season of "fly-in" pancake breakfasts starts you can start a x-country with short hops and literally eat your way back up here.

Was a great time & will remain a great memory.  And what a gorgeous severe-clear day. (Especially since the mercuric hammer is about to drop on us both, brrr.)