80 thru 6 meter Off Center Fed Dipole

Started by Lamewolf, January 28, 2015, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamewolf

OK, I built my own 4:1 Guanella current balun using two FT240-61 cores and #14 solid copper insulated wire, got the wires attached - 44' and  89' with some extra folded back on the ends for fine tuning, and getting good results so far on the air.  The swr on 80 meters is only down to 2.3:1 at 3.5 MHz, but I will be tweaking the feed point position to tray and get that lower.  On the other bands, 40, 20, 17, 12, and 10 meters its 2:1 or less except for the upper end of 10 where it steadily climbs upwards to about 3:1 which is normal.  Anyway, been working some DX with it on 40 meters and having a lot of fun experimenting with it.

cockpitbob

Looking at the inside of the balun I can tell you do nice work.
6 Bands and no tuner, plus not very visible to the neighbors.  That's a nice antenna you've got there.

Lamewolf

Quote from: cockpitbob on January 28, 2015, 01:47:59 PM
Looking at the inside of the balun I can tell you do nice work.
6 Bands and no tuner, plus not very visible to the neighbors.  That's a nice antenna you've got there.

I don't worry about the neighbors noticing my antenna, cows don't care how much wire you hang up !  8)

KK0G

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G