UParmored KX1 - Now Mk. 5 up one from Mk. 4

Started by RadioRay, October 26, 2014, 01:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

Most of you know that my Elecraft KX1 is quite different from the original design

I made a hardened/water proof version, it's case is a water tight Otterbox. It's worked well for many years and I've added upgrades & improved it's usability, but the KX1 Mk. 4  faceplate and inside of the lid was unpainted, but it is now.

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Quietguy

RadioRay

When I could run through the mountains like a tiger, there was no equipment like this. Now that hiking around the block is more normal, I have this great radio... Haha

Life is funny sometimes.

Rr
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KK0G

Quote from: RadioRay on October 26, 2014, 10:30:20 AM
When I could run through the mountains like a tiger, there was no equipment like this. Now that hiking around the block is more normal, I have this great radio... Haha

Life is funny sometimes.

Rr
Yeah, life can be an ironic bitch sometimes.

The Uparmored KX1 Mk. 5 Super Sport is sure looking cool(er) though. I'm sort of feeling inadequate now with my plain old un-armored, un-waterproof KX1 MK. 0  ;D
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

Thanks guys.  Now that I've reveled in the waves of accolades, it's for sale on E-Bay.  Time for me to build a new project, like maybe an MTR in a kevlar case with fission/fusion batteries the size of a pin head.  For reference about the size of a pin head, please look under my hat.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elecraft-KX1-UP-armored-version-/291278545108?

73 de RadioRay ..._  ._