Heavy Metal Morse.

Started by gil, October 17, 2015, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

cockpitbob

Getting drum sounds out of a guitar?  Jimmy Hendrix has nothing on these dudes.

NWARadio

I saw this a couple weeks ago. It was entertaining, but I wish the guitars hadn't been so....heavy. Have you ever heard YYZ by Rush? Neil Peart does a little CW on a cymbal at the song intro.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

cockpitbob

Didn't want to start a new thread and this seems like an appropriate palce.

I was browsing through an add filled slide show on 55 celebrities that served in the military and found this on Johnny Cash:
http://www.oydad.com/and-more/celebs-served-military/20/
QuoteJohnny Cash was born in 1932 in Kingsland Arkansas and died at the age of 71 in Nashville after an outstanding career as a country and blues song writer and performer. He is a leading artist of the last century and one of the best-selling musicians of all time selling more than 90 million records worldwide. He is primarily known as a country singer but also known for his songs that include rock and roll, the blues, gospel and folk. In 1950 Cash enlisted in the US Air Force where he was assigned to the 12th Radio Squadron Mobile of the United States Air force Security Service in Germany. He functioned in the position of Morse Code operator intercepting Soviet Army transmissions. He served until July of 1953 and was honorably discharged. He returned to the States to begin his music career.quote