Husband hospitalized.

Started by Sunflower, November 02, 2012, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunflower

Miss you all. My husband has been very ill and is hospitalized. Today the alarms were still ringing off in his room. His condition keeps the nurses hopping and the docs up all night. Thank God I still have him.

I plan to bring my Technician Class Study Guide into the hospital tomorrow. Maybe I will be able to get in some studying.

The next exam is Nov. 21 - not sure yet if I will be ready, or if my husband will be well enough. His plateletts came in at 10,000 today (not a good number). He still has a very bad infection and pnuemonia among others troubles.

Thanks for all the help in past. The practice oscillator has been neglected during this time, but is waiting nearby to when my husband is better and my hands are more relaxed.

73, TESS
(hope that is the right number? - I  am trying to express - bye.) 

gil

Sorry to hear that Tess, my best wishes to your husband.

Gil.

raybiker73

I'm sure that all of us here will keep both your husband and you in our thoughts and prayers.

cockpitbob

RadioRay

I am so sorry to hear that, Tess.  We'll keep your husband in our prayers.

>Ray

Ps. Good luck on your studies.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

underhill

So very sorry to hear of this, Tess.  Hang strong, he'll need you. 
You and your husband are in our thoughts and prayers

Allan

Quietus

Best wishes for your husband's health.

KC9TNH

Prayers out for your husband's recovery.

Sunflower

Thank you everyone. The messages help. It was a tough day today. -TESS

White Tiger

Maybe the Tech study guide will offer some distraction during any lulls you find while awaiting to see a doctor or waiting to hear some good news.

Praying your stay is short and husband and you get back home - pronto!
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

raybiker73

Has anyone heard from Tess? I'm hoping and praying that everything is OK with her husband.

Sunflower

Thank you Ray and all. I left the house  before 700 hour and returned home near 2100 hour. I am tired.

I took a break from the hospital to let my husband rest. I picked up some lovely dresses at the community bargin shop (picked up two black dresses in case I have a funeral soon). My husband visited with me about what he might wear when the time comes - church suit or dirt bike riding suit. I then realized that my dark navy suit may be all I had to fit into. Anyways, I now have a lovely black with coffee color poka dot dress to wear, or a more elegant all black dress.  What can I say, I am woman - it even stikes me odd to being thinking about clothes at a time like this.

My husband's vitals and most blood work is better. His kidneys and the lukemia appear to be the most threatening. We were informed Monday evening that he had days to weeks left. He barely survived the first four days after being admitted. It was touch and go. The pnuemonia is still present, but improving. The infection is improving. His oxygen is better - though he is on  6 percent around the clock. Over the weekend, even full oxygen was not adequate. He is very sick still but can sit up and eat. Yes. he is eating and enjoying food again.

Thank so much for asking and thinking of us. I forgot to read the bible to him today. That is something he does daily, but does not have the strength to hold a book. I feel bad for forgetting. I hold his hand and give him lots of kisses. We did a lot of loving talking today. It was good to see that he could visit and talk some. It all tired him out pretty good, but has become more aware of his situation and understands the process.

We opted out of the invite to enter Hospice Care. We both feel, the route we are taking is better for us.

Sure appreciate all your thoughts. I did not get in any studying today, as I was lucky enough to have my husband awake enough to visit with.

Thank you again,
TESS

Sunflower

Quote from: raybiker73 on November 09, 2012, 11:31:35 PM
Has anyone heard from Tess? I'm hoping and praying that everything is OK with her husband.
Guys and Gals, Keep up the praying please. Prayers work.

I am very grateful for all the prayers. My Jack is such a great man.

Sunflower

:) He is holding his own. Fairly stable outside vomiting and fever at times. Still on IV antibiotics. Still on oxygen. Kidney labs finally doing well. Most lab work is same or better. The acute lukemia issue might have improved? not sure. His platelettes went from 6,000 to 24,000 (6 to 24). The transfusions of platelettes did not work. He is gaining numbers via prayer and the prower of God if you ask me.

Our 10 year wedding anniversary is Wed, Nov 21st. He has said for several years, "I have never been married 10 years before." Sort of humorous given this is his first and only marriage. Anyways, that has been his goal for a long while - to live long enough to celebrate our 10th year wedding anniversary.   

I was able to study a little today again. I have not had the time or energy to keep up with CW via sound, so I have that to look forward to when things settle.

Our heater is out still, so I am working on that slowly. Also the waterline froze last week, so that was an issue too. I missed the test for Technician Licence. I might try for first of year given all that is going on.

I miss keeping up with the entries made. I have a handful of study questions, but have not had time to write them up here.

Got to go. Have a wall that needs to be painted before the wall heater is hung. The electric heater has it warm enough to get the brush out again.

73. Tess

cockpitbob

Tess, Best wishes for your hubby's health.  More prayers inbound.