Well, things didn't go exactly as planned.

Started by gil, December 23, 2015, 04:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockpitbob

Oh holy crap Gil!  I don't have words.  I've only skimmed it and will read it slowly in the morning, but what an awful day you've had.  I mean, the best that can be said is you're alive and unhurt.  Good luck with everything and I'm hoping for good luck for you and Miss Taggart tomorrow.

RadioRay

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh- THIS IS HORRIBLE!

I feel your loss, just reading about it.   I will not say more, but that this is HORRIBLE ---

RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

NCGunDude

Gil, certainly hope you recover your boat. Just read the latest update from today. It's a shame you weren't able to put a plane in the air when you went on the intercept run.

I live on the Mid Atlantic East Coast, and there are plenty of people who will take a fishing boat out as far you guys went to find Dagny. Sounds like you met up with the right folks.

Please keep posting updates. Praying for your safe return.

gil

Thanks guys! Merry Christmas to everyone.

There has been a lot of support from the sailing community. Keep an eye on my site for updates.. I might not be able to check back here often, at least for now..

Gil.

cockpitbob

Hi Gil,

I'm following your blog and sending prayers your way. 

An old man gave me a tidbit of life advice once.  "If you never leave sight of land you'll be safe, but you'll never get far or see much."   Today we don't know if this is a disaster or an adventure far from shore where you went places, met people and did things you can't do close to shore.  I'm praying it's an adventure, arduous as it may be.

Good luck and Marry Christmas.

Joe

Hello Gil,

Wow just read all your post, what a adventure and tragedy at the same time. Sending prayers out to you for safe travels and to retrieve Dagny.

km4mcm

Gil,
I wish it was in my power to make things right for you. But keep your head up. There are people in this world who never dare to step outside of their comfort zone. You are "LIVING" and when looking for adventure sometimes you find it. On those occasions when you do find the adventure its going have its tests. The tests vary to what physical stresses you endure to tests of acuity and mental toughness. Live your adventure and tell your story. I wish you the best and good health. Keep us posted and stay positive.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

rah

Gil,
Damn.  Hope you're O.K and they find Dagny safe and sound.
Please keep us posted.
rah
Yaesu FT-897
LDG AT-200Pro II
Icom IC-91A

gil

Thanks guys. No new sightings as of yet. I will be staying in west End for two or three days, then it will be time to leave. I am posting updates on http://svdagny.com.

Gil.

Jim Boswell

Gil, I sent you a bit. Sorry for what happened. I have been a boat owner for the last 50 years. There are no words to express the joy of being on a boat. Once I was involved on a boat search and I found the boat, but it was stripped. I hope everything works out. Heck, 2016 has to be better than the last 2 weeks of 2015. 73'S  KA5SIW

cockpitbob

Gil, sorry to hear you're spending Christmas and New Year's Eve far from home without knowing where your boat is.  I'm still sending positive vibes your direction.

gil

Thanks guys. Definitely not the most uplifting way to spend Christmas and new year.. I am still in West-End Bahamas, but probably not for much longer..

Gil.

KK0G

Damn Gil, this sucks. I wish I was closer, I'd hop in the plane and start a search for Dagny even though I know the chances of spotting her in such a huge ocean would be slim. Keep your chin up and weather on, I know it's not much consolation but look at the bright side and be thankful for what you do have, things could be a lot worse. Take care my friend, 73 de KK0G.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

cockpitbob

Hi Gil,
Hope things are going OK over there.