Its never been cheaper to get into Ham Radio! 3 to 30Mhz Xcvr for $109 US

Started by caulktel, December 11, 2017, 08:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caulktel

I just realized I misspelled Transceiver on my label. They really should put spell checkers on label makers. :D

Joel
N6ALT

gil

That looks very professional Joel, and all the buttons you need, none that you don't ;)

Gil.

Quietguy

Quote from: gil on March 15, 2018, 04:38:12 AM
That looks very professional Joel, and all the buttons you need, none that you don't ;)

Gil.

Is there a photo in Joel's post?  If so, it's not visible...

Wally

Andywragg

The box dropped yesterday, Hurrah I hear you all cry LOL. Sadly I've been too busy with other things to do anything with it other than check the contents. If the weather holds I'll be hiking and camping in the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow/Sunday. Got the Boafeng T1's and GT-3TP charged, and ready to go just in case we nee to 'Get to the Chopper'.
Once a 'STAB in the Dark'
M6UAW

gil

QuoteIs there a photo in Joel's post?  If so, it's not visible...

Fixed.
Gil.

Andywragg

My uBITX is still in the wrapper, but I have been assured (after waiting since 25th April) that my new enclosure from InKits (amateurradiokits.in) will be shipped tomorrow which will save me a heap of time and faffing about. Once this arrives it will be a number 1 priority to get it finished.

I've already updated the firmware on the arduino to use the CEC firmware 1.08 and I'll be adding a 6 pin mini DIN socket into the audio/PTT lines to allow easy connection of a data interface so I can work FT-8.
M6UAW

caulktel

Good news Andy, you will love your uBitx with the CES 1.08 firmware. I use mine everyday and it just 'feels' like a real radio now with the new firmware. Those enclosures sure look professional, looking back I should have used one, it sure would have been easier. Please post pictures when you get done.

Joel
N6ALT

Andywragg

Got the tracking code from Sunil in the last hour. It's on it's way at last. I'll try and post pictures, may be better if I do a video and give you the link here, as I have issues posting pictures for some reason.
M6UAW

Andywragg

M6UAW

caulktel

Looks great Andy, I love that gray finish. I wonder if a blue display might not look really sharp with the gray case. I just received my AGC and Click/pop kits today so I'm going to start in on building them and modifying my uBitx board Monday morning. I could put up with the pop every time I let go of the PTT, but this radio really needs AGC, so looking forward to finishing it. Keep us posted on your results.

Joel
N6ALT

Andywragg

I'm lusting after a Nextion display but it won't work with this case.  I wonder if Sunil has thought about different front plates laid out for different displays.
M6UAW

Andywragg

Keep checking the Facebook link guys as more progress has been made Today. Only the Mic and audio pot to wire in as standard. Hope to be adding a 6 pin mini din socket for data modes and an S meter sensor.
M6UAW

Andywragg

It's Alive!!!

Check out the FB album and keep an eye on my YT channel. The video compilation is being rendered as I type. Can't TX yet until after next week (hopefully when I pass my intermediate exam) as I've modified the basic kit somewhat.

Really pleased with it so far.
M6UAW

gil

Andywragg

Check this out, and have your wallet ready......

https://youtu.be/Yfhmcili8x0

Since then I have installed the USB cable between the Arduino Nano and the rear IO board, and also fitted the S-Meter sensor, and enabled it in the (KD8CEC 1.08) firmware, although it seems like it's going to take a bit of tweaking to get the bar graph levels 'right'.

M6UAW