JadeHelm 15

Started by Jim Boswell, March 24, 2015, 11:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Boswell

Has anyone been reading up on this? I wonder why Texas was considered a "hostile state"? Sure hope none of those Federal agents or troops don't raid the wrong address, that could get real messy, real quick,  those Texans have guns and know how to use them. I will be watching to see what happens.

cockpitbob

I hadn't heard about this one.  I couldn't find much online that looked solidly credible.  Yes Jim, this will be interesting to watch.

BlinkyBill

Quote from: Jim Boswell on March 24, 2015, 11:12:33 AM
I wonder why Texas was considered a "hostile state"?

It wouldn't make for much of a training exercise if all regions were classed "friendly" now would it?   :D

In Australia our military has/used to have the country broken into several smaller countries, some friendly, some enemy, and some neutral.  It's a natural part of tactical training and exercise.

Heck, every couple of years a large US military contingent lands on our shores as the "enemy".  They practice their offence, we do defence.  Just like football.  It's not really a cover for an invasion, though that doesn't stop the nutters every time saying "this is it, it's for real this time"  :-\

Quietguy

Stars & Stripes ran an article on it Friday:
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-special-operations-command-pushes-back-against-alarmist-claims-about-upcoming-exercise-1.335949

I usually tune out when the claims of "FEMA Camps" start because FEMA has a hard enough time getting bottled water where it is supposed to go after a disaster, how are they going to put thousands of armed citizens in "camps"?  I attended a presentation given by a FEMA Region 10 (Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington) senior official at an EmComm conference a few years ago.  At the end of his presentation he put up a slide of graffiti on a wall that said "fema wants to rule the world!".  His comment was "They can't even get my travel vouchers right, how are they going to achieve this goal?" 

Scenario training is getting difficult because of all the political correctness these days.  BlinkyBill has a good point, you have to have an adversary to have semi-realistic training but identifying an adversary gets you accused of "desensitizing" the trainees towards that group.  You can't use any minority/disadvantaged/underprivileged/protected group as a result.  A few years ago the University of Florida attempted to deal with the issue by developing a training scenario involving a Zombie attack - and the national news media made such a mockery of them they actually cancelled the training.

Wally

ciphercomms

We have been doing these exercises for a long time. The names and locations change but the same 'Red Force-Blue Force' format is pretty hard to avoid. For the last one I was involved with the 'hostile' state was Georgia and the 'allied' states were Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama.

They're Joint Service exercises so they stage them vaguely near an ocean where the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard can be more or less directly involved. And I suppose they avoid real heavily populated areas like the Northeast Corridor or Southern California.

They are actually mostly paper exercises anyhow, with only a few scattered deployments...no tanks rolling through the streets of Dallas or Houston, no knocking on civilian doors looking for snipers in their attics.

NCGunDude

For anyone who's interested, https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/ruby-tail/

There is a concern that training exercises like the Boston Bombing are covers for a buildup to martial law, which would be illegal under the current constitutional form of government we enjoy.

I'm not a constitutional scholar, but why is the military allowed to train on domestic soil other than US owned property? Isn't this exactly what the founders wrote as a safe guard against a military coup?

Not to raise anyone's ire, but yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist, since I acknowledge there is a chief conspirator.

I'm hopefully going to be on HF, soon. Looking forward to participating in some nets, as propagation allows. Just out of curiosity, what are the monitoring capabilities of the NSA, NWO, et al wrt to the radio spectrum. I understand the concept of whatever you transmit is in the public domain, but is surveillance as thorough as geo-synchronous satellites being able to monitor all frequencies 24/7? TIA

cockpitbob

I think it's pretty universally accepted that the NSA et al are capturing everything.  My view is that the least secure are the digital modes, then voice and the mode that may give them the most trouble is Morse with a poor fist.

Jim Boswell

Bob, You have a good point. If someone wanted to "stay below the radar" low power mobile or portable CW would be the way to go. My CW skills are pretty bad. Since I am using a Gov. computer site I am sure everything I type is "observed".
     The US military has huge bases with towns setup just for these exercises, I am worried about how the American people will react when they see troops carrying M16 rifles in their streets. We are not talking about dress uniforms and parade rifles here.
      When I travel to Mexico, seeing troops standing on the corner with M16 kind'a takes your breath away. That is the norm in Mexico, but not something you see in the USA except for a SWAT situation.
     I heard stories about an exercise like this held near Magdalena NM in years past. The mayor and police did not tell anyone what was about to happen. Needless to say there were problems when the civilians and military crossed paths at 2:00 AM. I was told about this by a fireman. I understand mayor and police chief were replaced. There was nothing in the press.
     I am voicing a concern. I have also ask questions to the Southern New Mexico Militia. 73'S  KA5SIW

cockpitbob

Jade Helm 15 has the attention of some pretty interesting people including Ted Cruz and Chuck Norris.