What do I need?

Started by pavelow, April 22, 2013, 11:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

CroPrepper

I was bored and decided to built those two kits. The only issues I had were missing information e.g. how to strip magnetic wires for toroids...

Anyway, it was quite easy although the manual gave me sometimes heas scratches...
Also, it seems I damages the plastic foil insulation in the variable capacitor on the zmatch tuner while removing the cover (totally dumb btw.) to cut out bigger holes so the pins can be bent farther down... No comment. Anyway, when I rotate the one capacitor you can hear the foil scratching. I hope it wont influence the capacitor... Otherwise i'll get a new one.

Via TapaTalk

gil

Nice! I might get one of those tuners...

Gil.

CroPrepper

I had my exam yesterday. I assume I have passed, knew all the answers. Unfortunately, I have to wait for my results, will get them this week I guess. Then do some bureaucratic stuff to get my callsign and permission for the station.
I had a nice chat with 9A9A, he was the supervisor on the exam. I was surprised to meet him because I ran into lot of youtube videos from people having contacts with him. He was mostly doing pileups.
Anyway, my Mini60s arrived some days ago and today if it will not rain I am heading out to trim and adjust the triband vertical.

gil

Excellent, keep us posted!
Gil.

CroPrepper

I went to my homestead today with all that gear to tune the antenna. I had constant swr above 10. Impedance was abnormal high on 700 and more. I knew something was wrong. At home I measured the coax and the inner core had no contact from end to end... Better luck next time...

Via TapaTalk

CroPrepper

Trying out the reception on the vertical triband. It's awesome, listened global chatter.
This one is between Belfast and Pretoria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo8UOFVNlBU

BTW I passed my exam, waiting for my callsign and all that buerocratic crap  ::)

gil

FB. That antenna surprised me... It does work really well. Good work on it and the tuner. I use the Tri-Band antenna all the time now. It's so easy to set-up. Let's try to make contact when you get your call sign!

Gil.

CroPrepper

Quote from: gil on May 22, 2018, 06:55:33 AM
Let's try to make contact when you get your call sign!

Gil.

Yes, I am looking forward to!  :D