Doomsday Castle.

Started by gil, August 17, 2013, 02:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdmc

I remember a few years back when they started putting out a casting call of sorts on several for the more popular prepper forums. People there were advised against participating but obviously some did.  A certain amount of this stuff has to be scripted.  Are some of these people that immature or foolish? I am curious what the incentive was.

I can't believe that so many people were allowing themselves to be put on public display and giving up so much of their opsec. I have to add, that some of them have been informative with some useful information.

The show a couple of nights ago about the blackout left out what I believe to be one very important point. If the whole grid were to be knocked down even by cyber attack, I find it hard to believe that it would be back up in a couple of weeks. I could be wrong.

An EMP or several, are more likely, from the information I have seen lately. That scares the crap out of me and is what we are trying to prepare for.

KK0G

Quote from: mdmc on October 29, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
The show a couple of nights ago about the blackout left out what I believe to be one very important point. If the whole grid were to be knocked down even by cyber attack, I find it hard to believe that it would be back up in a couple of weeks. I could be wrong.

My thoughts also.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RichardSinFWTX

Quote from: KK0G on October 29, 2013, 08:35:32 AM
Quote from: mdmc on October 29, 2013, 03:34:29 AM

My thoughts also.

Same here...from a total, nationwide blackout, not likely.  I think even a regional one (say, the entire east coast) would take longer than a couple weeks.  Unless of course FEMA already has replacement parts and such pre-staged. 

I'm just sayin'...   ;)