Introduction

Started by NWARadio, March 02, 2014, 05:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWARadio

New here. Got my tech license in Jan of '13 and general in Nov of '13. Finally got my HF setup done this weekend (2/28/14) and made some contacts. Call is KF5TJC in Northwest Arkansas. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to some of you guys on the air.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

John Galt

Welcome aboard! 

I'm a newbie myself and would love to make some contacts.  I'm all the way up to a grand total of 2!

Are you on in the evenings? 

RichardSinFWTX

Welcome!  North Texas here! 

NWARadio

I'm not on a regular schedule right now, so I'm on when I can get away from family duties right now. I haven't been on HF enough to have a favorite band or anything, so I just scan around, listen and try to learn what to do and what to say. What band do you like to spend your time on?

KK0G

Welcome to Radio Preppers, glad to have you aboard.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

Archangel320420

Jim Boswell

Welcome aboard, some good people here. I have been a ham for over 25 years and worked in Electronics over 35 years. So far in 2014 I have not been active much on the ham bands. Several repair jobs spread over the ham radio desk and I need to do a bit of clean-up.
         Great thing about ham radio, it ties in with so many other hobbies, camping and outdoors people. I have started working on my CW skills as I was never good at it, got my novice back in 1984. Several friends have been talking about 10 and 15 opening up. When I am on the air I hang around 14.305, and if 15 meters is open I will work that band.
          Later this Spring I hope to get my 6meter/2meter SSB antennas up. If you ever get the chance to do 6meters you can get hooked on those clear clean QSOs using 2 to 10 watts. 73'S  KA5SIW

John Galt

Quote from: NWARadio on March 02, 2014, 08:16:39 PM
I'm not on a regular schedule right now, so I'm on when I can get away from family duties right now. I haven't been on HF enough to have a favorite band or anything, so I just scan around, listen and try to learn what to do and what to say. What band do you like to spend your time on?

Much like you, I don't have any particular band that is a favorite.  I'm usually listening after dark so I find myself on 80 and 40 meters a lot and 20 meters as well.  I've still got training wheels so I'm not ready to call CQ or contest or the like.  I think at this point I kind of prefer to "pre-set up" something so I know I'm talking to someone that might be a little forgiving of my screw ups.   ::)

NWARadio

One of these days we should try and meet up on a frequency . Once I can get the family used to a radio schedule, I'm going to start posting on here when I'm on the radio and what frequency. That way I can get to know some folks and put voices with the words.