Trip to Burning Man???

Started by Jim Boswell, July 18, 2014, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Boswell

Hello, we are trying to get tickets to Burning Man. I consider Burning Man an exercise in prepping. A week camped out in the desert is not for the faint of heart.
I am busy packing the camping gear and plan to take a HF rig and use a 20meter inverted vee antenna. Sure hope we can find a nice place to set-up camp, last year was a disaster. The Black Rock radio club has 2 repeaters and I will bring a dualbander HT for sure. Any other amateur operators planning to go?
73'S  KA5SIW

cockpitbob

I used to live in centeral CA and know several people that go to Burning Man every year.  For a very middle-of-the-road person like myself a week with that crowd would defenitely not be for the faint of heart  :o . 

DCJon

Did that twice in the mid 90s.  Leave your boundaries and inhibitions behind!

Luigi

Take your solar panels. You will have lots of sunshine.
Luigi

Jim Boswell

BINGO, we got tickets, Burning Man here we come!
Now I have lots of radio work to do.
1. I want to get a 2meter and HF rig installed in the pick-up.
2. I have to set-up a battery box with solar panels and controller.
3. I have to order a wouxun dual-bander.
Fun, here we come.
73'S  KA5SIW

Rob_ma

KK0G

I see in their rules that firearms are not allowed >:(  - I'll pass. With the over abundance of hippies I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

DCJon

Few predators and no thugs at Burning Man.  Tons of free spirits and lost souls.