K7SGV checking in

Started by Paladin, April 29, 2013, 10:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Hey all- stumbled across this forum tonight and thought I'd better register! I'm on a few "other" prepping sites with the name Paladin as well. My name is Steve, but Paladin was my call sign in Iraq and it's stuck with me for years now. Anyway, I'm an Extra, but I haven't been on the radio a lot over the last few years due to military moves and military retirement. Now I've relatively set some roots in southern Utah and plan to get active on the radios again.

Site looks great, BTW...

cockpitbob

Hi Paladin and welcome!  You've stumbled into a great little site.  Here it's quality, not quantity of members.

To have your Extra you must have been in it pretty deep.  Do you still have your gear in a dusty box somewhere?

Paladin

Hi Bob- Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, at one time I was a radio geek, but it's been a long time since I spent much time on the air. The biggest reason I'm an Extra is my ability to memorize the question pool and multiple practice tests! I did have to pass my 5-WPM code test once upon a time to get my General! Hahaha!!!

I'm currently renting, and the owner of the house isn't looking to be radio friendly yet, so I'm going to have to operate stealth if I bust out the HF rigs...

gil

Welcome aboard Paladin.

You'll like this forum. We have many knowledgeable and great people here.

You would have no toruble operating stealth with a small CW QRP rig  ;)

Gil.

RadioRay

Welcome aboard, Paladin!  Believe me, we have a pool of experience here in operating HF clandestine, both 'back in the day' and for fun and necessity here at home.  With digital modes and especially with my first love, CW; it's all do-able.

de RadioRay ..._ ._

Ps.  I've spent some time around the more arid parts of Utah and enjoy the old Pony Express trail south of Dugway and some of the out of the way places in the north western part of the State. Beautiful country, once you have a source of water.
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Joe

Welcome to the forum Paladin !! Thank you for your service.

73 Joe