NSA spies directly now US Citizens using foreign corporations

Started by White Tiger, June 09, 2013, 02:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Tiger

Holy crimenitely....

No one has any expectation if privacy.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-06-08/we-call-top-nsa-whistleblower-and-get-real-scoop-spying

Shocking - maybe not for Luck/WA4STO - wow is this crap must be rolling up fast.
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

WA4STO

Quote from: White Tiger on June 09, 2013, 02:41:51 AM

Shocking - maybe not for Luck/WA4STO - wow is this crap must be rolling up fast.

To my mind, the only thing "shocking" about it is that we (that's us, you and me) haven't been able to stop it from happening for all these decades.

Me, I first became aware of it when I worked at the Puzzle Palace in the 60s.  The SIXTIES for cryin' out loud!

But the thing that irritates me the most is, well, see Tim's link in the previous posting.  As a nation we have no problem whatsoever letting another nation (Israel) murder the CW kids on board the USS Liberty.  Lots and lots of them.  45 years later and we're still sending billions of dollars TO them.  Not the other way around.  Why aren't they paying US? 

More to the point of Tim's link, I can't help but wonder how much of the money we send them is used to spy on our own citizens. 

These folks think they are SO clever.  Back in the 60s before technology was king (actually, Nixon was King) we could easily circumvent the law by having a Canadian or British intercept operator sit right next to me.  Guess who handled the 'illegal' stuff?  Not me, buddy. 

The article makes it clear that it's still going on.  Now the Israelis can funnel the illegal intercepts on to Fort Meade (or soon, Utah!) and we didn't break no steenkin laws and the Director of National Intelligence can say with a straight face "nope, not us, we woudln't do that, nope, uh-uh".

God, I hate to puke on an otherwise wonderful Sunday morning.

White Tiger

I couldn't believe it involved Israel - but I don't think it stops with the Israeli Intelligence - I agree with the radio host who quoted Herbert Meyer (a former insider in the belly of the NSA beast); "...we are in the midst of a coup..."

Its getting harder to NOT see this as obvious...

To my neighbors and co-workers who I think are teetering on the fence about making some preparations for something (i.e., weather related prepps are seen as plausible)...I hope to influence them that - due to the advance of another hurricane season - it's time to lay in some supplies...and I am playing on concerns that this will be a season unlike any we've seen in the last 5 years. Hopefully this will cause them to do more than they have done in the past 5 years.

...to those in my immediate group who are "awake" - I am explaining that it is time to make decisions on some final preparedness items and to finalize some communication procedures.

...for those who have resisted all attempts to prepare, for any reason, I say nothing.

But I think the one thing I am taking away is that our government is interpreting our normal actions as an imminent threat - and their frequency in running roughshod over our rights indicates that they have gone from a heightened state of vigilance, to a heightened state of activity.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, their is liberty...

It's the movement from the latter, to the former, that is disturbing.

Stock up - something tells me it's about to get interesting.

Geek

I'd reply to this thread, but I don't want to get audited.  :-)

KK0G

Quote from: Geek on June 09, 2013, 02:35:43 PM

Uhm............. ;D

We're at that awkward period when it's too late to vote the bastards out and too soon to start shooting.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

WA4STO

Quote from: KK0G on June 09, 2013, 05:25:17 PM

We're at that awkward period when it's too late to vote the bastards out and too soon to start shooting.

Bummer.

or ... is that "Obummer"  ?? 

KC9TNH

"The road to hell..."

First, NSA has been doing what they do, in rather steller fashion I might add, for decades.  Vacuum everything out there and make it theirs, often simply on the chance that the meaning to it (a crypto key, for example) might someday walk-in to an embassy. Ivan did the same thing.

That said, left & right fire lanes have been notably widened since 11 Sep 2001 and it is certainly most notable now, because of the already abyssmal level of trust in the current crew directing things.  It is both a specific caution to what is going on, as well as an overall testament to the view by the People of those who are supposed to work for them. At this point, the Leviathan couldn't sell land to a drowning man.

Not to worry, one of the crafters of the Patriot Act is up in arms, says it "was never intended" to go that far, and will be working to craft some changes & remove some things. But the fact is, the same government in the wake of a major tragedy will leverage that to an unwitting populace who just wants Big Brother to "take care of me and make me feel safe." (Which has nothing to do with actually being safe; anyone remember what happened to Japanese-Americans in the opening of World War II?)

So relax folks, the congress critters are going to think lofty thoughts & make it allllllll better, alright?
::)

White Tiger

It's moved SO far beyond left & right..

It's downright scary to type something on a Internet forum - fear is that your words HAVE been captured, here and elsewhere, especially if you used Google to find it, or are surfing from a smartphone with ISP's from AT&T or Verizon...!

They aren't gathering our right for nothing...

Geek

Quote from: KK0G on June 09, 2013, 05:25:17 PM
Quote from: Geek on June 09, 2013, 02:35:43 PM

Uhm............. ;D

I hope you're wrong at this plays out like Watergate instead.

WA4STO

Quote from: White Tiger on June 10, 2013, 02:16:46 AM

It's downright scary

Uh huh.  Been happening for SO many decades now that the picture below is of an intercept station in Yakima WA that is being shut down, along with the east coast twin of it in Sugar Grove WV. They don't need these two any more cuz they got better ways to screw the public.

If you examine this picture closely (not very, actually) you might be able to determine why this picture torques me off so badly.

Luck, WA4STO
ARRL A1-operator, BPL Medallion holder, circa 1977
VUCC Satellite (all CW)
NTS(D) Digital Relay Station, Central Area
NTS(D) Target Station, CAN, TEN & NE
TCC Station ?Fox?

KC9TNH

Those are some really low-angled (to the horizon) collectors.

Frosty

Positioned for where the birds will next appear over the horizon is my guess.

White Tiger

WA4STO

Quote from: KC9TNH on June 10, 2013, 11:55:49 AM
Those are some really low-angled (to the horizon) collectors.

Well, exactly.  See, when they were first commissioned, they might have been used to pull the traffic from the various satellites.

Then again, maybe not.

According to Bamford's book entitled "The Puzzle Palace" (anybody know why we called it that?  The answer might surprise you), those two intercept sites were placed precisely so as to grab all the international traffic coming to and going from the coasts.  The one at Sugar Grove, WV, for example, was placed within easy shot of the commercial facility at Etam WV.  Easy pickings!

So, today, the dishes are pointed along the curvature of the earth, not skyward.  Imagine that.

Back in the 80s, I was a ship to shore radiotelegrapher.  At one point we were owned by RCA.  According to Bamford, RCA had a very long history of providing NSA with all the torn-tape messages that their company handled.  He claimed (and I don't doubt it) that a "bag man" would come by the NYC corporate office every evening to pick up garbage bags full of paper tape.  I often chuckled that some poor slob(s) at Fort Meade had to wade through piles of messages, such as stores orders from vessels, where some of the more interesting requests for supplies was for penicillin, mostly for the crew a week or so after (hastily) leaving port...

Some things just never change.

Luck, WA4STO