Radio Free Redoubt and the AmRRON network

Started by ttabs, November 20, 2012, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttabs

Doing a search here on 'Radio Free Redoubt' turned up no hits.  So I thought I'd briefly introduce you to this particular net that is forming for emergency communications between preppers of like minded folks .  They are attempting to put together a communications plan and occasionally run exercises to attempt to establish a communications grid and I thought it would be of interest to folks here at this forum. 

RadioFreeRedoubt.com is their website for looking over generalities while visiting the American Redoubt Radio Operators Network will give specific information here:

http://www.radiofreeredoubt.com/inside-rfr-2/my-bookings/about-the-a-r-n-amrron/

When I joined, I was sent some basic info on a radio plan with freqs and times.  I have not contacted anyone on those freqs at the prescribed times on random evenings, but I'm sure it'd be busy when they announce their next exercise.

The podcasts are interesting to listen to on the drive to my cabin. 

Thought some of you would be interested in this. 

2MT350

This sounds nice :) I'm  checkin it out right now :)

Jonas Parker

http://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2012/12/national-prepper-radio-calling-frequency.html

National Prepper Radio Calling Frequency

I have been looking for a list of calling or contact frequencies for Preppers and Survivalists during good times for networking with and during and following a disaster event. It is a shame that there is no established network, source or standard frequency/channel listing for this critical subject of alternative communication.

Well, thanks to Dave Sarti for bringing it to my attention, we have some frequencies to listen and make contact on. If you watched Doomsday Preppers you may remember Dave, he was featured on the first Doomsday Preppers series. He is definitely entertaining and has many worth while video?s on youtube. Here?s the link to Dave?s video and comments about which radios to use and the contact frequencies: Prepper calling/meet up radio frequencies - YouTube

The current list of Prepper contact or listening frequencies or channels:
The American Preparedness Radio Network: http://www.taprn.com is the group who is promoting the contact list below. Print these out an save them by your radio.

80 Meters ? 3.818 MHz LSB (TAPRN Net: Sundays at 9 PM ET)

40 Meters ? 7.242 MHz LSB

40 Meters Morse Code / Digital ? 7.073 MHz USB

20 Meters ? 14.242 MHz USB

20 Meters Morse Code / Digital ? 14.073 MHz USB

2 Meters ? 146.420 MHz FM

440 (70 cm) ? 446.420 MHz FM

FRS/GMRS ? Channel 4 (462.6375 MHz)

CB ? Channel 4 (27.005 MHz)

MURS ? Channel 4 (154.570 MHz)

Standardized Amateur Radio Prepper Communications Plan
About:
In the event of a nationwide catastrophic disaster, the nationwide network of Amateur Radio licensed preppers will need a set of standardized meeting frequencies to share information and coordinate activities between various prepper groups. This Standardized Amateur Radio Communications Plan establishes a set of frequencies on the 80 meter, 40 meter, 20 meter, and 2 meter Amateur Radio bands for use during these types of catastrophic disasters.

Preppers are encouraged to monitor conventional Amateur Radio and non-Amateur Radio frequencies for sources of information, including: National Traffic System nets, state ARES/RACES HF nets, global Centers of Activity (CoA), local VHF/UHF repeaters, CB channel 19, and national simplex calling frequencies. However,
these standardized frequencies and channels provide a place for preppers to meet and exchanges information relevant to those of a prepper mindset after a catastrophic disaster.

Routine nets will not be held on all of these frequencies, but preppers are encouraged to use them when coordinating with other preppers on a routine basis. Routine nets may be conducted by The American Preparedness Radio Net (TAPRN) on these or other frequencies as they see fit. However, TAPRN will promote the use of these standardized frequencies by all Amateur Radio licensed preppers during times of catastrophic disaster.

The promotion of this Standardized Amateur Radio Communications Plan is encouraged by all means within the prepper community, including via Amateur Radio, Twitter, Facebook, and various blogs.

The communication of critical information using the AM mode is encouraged on the standard 80, 40, and 20 meter voice frequencies at the top of each hour so that those who do not have SSB capable receivers may obtain pertinent information using the AM mode.

Nets and Network Etiquette In times of nationwide catastrophic disaster, the ability of any one prepper to initiate and sustain themselves as a net control may be limited by the availability of power and other resource shortages. However, all licensed
preppers are encouraged to maintain a listening watch on these frequencies as often as possible during a catastrophic disaster.

Preppers may routinely announce themselves in the following manner:
This is [Your Call sign Phonetically] in [Your State], maintaining a listening watch on [Standard Frequency] for any preppers on frequency seeking information or looking to provide information. Please call [Your Call sign Phonetically].

Preppers exchanging information that may require follow up should agree upon a designated time to return to the frequency and provide further information. If other stations are utilizing the frequency at the designated time you return, maintain watch and proceed with your communications when those stations are finished. If your communications are urgent and the stations on frequency are not passing information of a critical nature, interrupt with the word ?Break? and request use of the frequency.

For More Information:
Catastrophe Network: http://www.catastrophenetwork.org or @CatastropheNet on Twitter
The American Preparedness Radio Network: http://www.taprn.com or @TAPRN on Twitter
? 2012 Catastrophe Network, Please Distribute Freely

gil

Thanks Jonas! I had missed the x.073 freqs. I have yet to hear anyone mentioning TAPRN... Sometimes I listen to 7242 at night, but so far nothing, and it is too close to some AM broadcast station for me, so there is always some interference...

Have a great week-end,

Gil.