Sked for backpack trip - Sun, Mon, Tue

Started by KK0G, May 10, 2013, 10:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

Well my backpack trip is a go. I have Monday and Tuesday off so my plan is to be on the trail by sometime Sunday afternoon and head for home sometime Tuesday afternoon/evening. I'll only be about 40 miles from my place so propagation should be pretty much the same as from my home QTH. I only have 40 and 20 meters in my KX1 so that's where we'll have to sked. Who's interested?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Hello chris,

Set times and frequencies, I'll call you!
We might have better luck this time, at least on one of those bands.

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on May 10, 2013, 11:05:55 PM
Hello chris,

Set times and frequencies, I'll call you!
We might have better luck this time, at least on one of those bands.

Gil.

How about near you and Ray's normal sked? If I recall correctly 14.067.5, 1100 EST? We could do it either before, after or during then. And how about an evening sked on 7.035 at 2000 EST?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

gil

Ok, we have our sked at 11:30, so maybe noon? Ok on 40m.. 10 min window on calling..

Gil.

KC9TNH

Tagged; will be listening if the post-grad party + Mom's day w/in-law QRM goes away.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on May 11, 2013, 12:26:07 PM
Ok, we have our sked at 11:30, so maybe noon? Ok on 40m.. 10 min window on calling..

Gil.

Sounds good, I'll be listening. The first one will have to be Sunday evening on 40m, I'll probably still be en route that morning.

KK0G

KK0G

Quote from: KC9TNH on May 11, 2013, 12:48:50 PM
Tagged; will be listening if the post-grad party + Mom's day w/in-law QRM goes away.

Yes definitely. We should probably have excellent propagation between us on 40 meters.

KK0G

KK0G

Well I'm heading out now so I'll be offline for the next three days. If any one else wants to sked you'll just have to jump in after Gil and I's sked which is:

Morning - 1600 UTC 14.067.5
Evening - 0000 UTC 7.035

CW of course.

KK0G

KC9TNH

Quote from: KK0G on May 12, 2013, 11:03:34 AM
Morning - 1600 UTC 14.067.5
Evening - 0000 UTC 7.035

CW of course.
Thank you.  ;)

RadioRay

Any contact from our wayward ham-camper?  (KK0G)

>de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KC9TNH

Quote from: RadioRay on May 12, 2013, 03:46:20 PM
Any contact from our wayward ham-camper?  (KK0G)

>de RadioRay ..._ ._
Nada. I'm gonna listen along tonight at midnight ZULU; if 40m is workable at all should be able to hear him, he's not that far. Played a couple of long-time sprint guys I know on 20m today on the 817, documenting current degradation on the batt to benchmark how the solar panel goes when the little controller gets here. Conversational speed; distances 800-975 miles; nice excuse to play with the new paddle.

QRM is homeward bound, domestic tranquility maintained, so time to practice for retirement & wait for KK0G aka nap. (Need to check prop for a west-bound SSB call to a friend later if I can; thanks again for the tip on the Aussie prop site.)

Quietguy

He posted that his first attempt would have to be tonight since he would probably be en route during the first Sunday time slot.

Wally

gil

Nothing from here either... I'm still listening on 7035...

Gil.

gil

Ray, I heard you calling him, barely..
It's a bit early for 40m.

20:13: Sounds like you got him! Too weak for me here..

Gil.

RadioRay

I heard and talked with KK0G, but this is NOT a good time from him to Virginia.  It's too far for this time of early evening.  Maybe we can do better in the daytime sked tomorrow.  He IS in camp though, that part came though in his transmission.

>de Radioray ..._ ._

I also heard Gil calling and we talked a bit after the KK0G sked.

"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry