Saturday morning

Started by KK0G, June 29, 2013, 10:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

It's a beautiful Saturday morning, the sun is shining, the temperature is in the low 80's and there's a gun show in Des Moines............... gee what a dilemma, I wonder what I should do today 8)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

Aaaah!  You're going there to protest & picket - right?    :o
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

cockpitbob

Similar conditions here, except I'm booked until 4:00 helping my younger son pack for a 1 week sleep over camp.  My older boy already left for 11 days canoeing in NY's Adirondack mountains.  We'll be empty nesters for a week 8) 8) 8)  with a little  :-[ towards the end.

gil

Here we have clearly entered summer, 90 every day and the usual end-of-afternoon thunderstorm.. It's a bit muddy.. Can't wait for the winter and the promise of more camping without too much heat or mosquitoes..

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on June 30, 2013, 12:08:57 PM
Here we have clearly entered summer, 90 every day and the usual end-of-afternoon thunderstorm.. It's a bit muddy.. Can't wait for the winter and the promise of more camping without too much heat or mosquitoes..

Gil.

Winter!?!!? I don't think that's very appropriate language for a public forum Gil!  8)

Although late summer here in Iowa when it's in the high 90's every day with 4,000,000% humidity levels, I tend to reflect your sentiment. Of course six months following that I'm cussing 10 below zero temps and all that damned white stuff (It's called snow Gil, a form of frozen precipitation. I'll send you a picture next winter so you'll recognize it ;D)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

The humidity here is such that to be any more damp, I'd have to go swimming.  I'm fundamentally a Norseman, so this Southern weather is still not my idea of a good time. We had - MAYBE- two days of Spring and went straight from gales and rain to heat and humidity. Still, it's nothing compared to Borneo...   BT&DT.

>de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

KC9TNH

Quote from: gil on June 30, 2013, 12:08:57 PMCan't wait for the winter...
I'm with Chris; that's got to be a violation of ToS.
:D

Joe

I second Gil with last 3 days of weather I have been having winter would be very nice. Fridays high was 106, Saturday 108, today we are looking at 110. Possibly next weekend we will drop to the high 90's.

Joe

gil

Brutal Joe!

Well, it's so humid here, if it wasn't so hot, you wouldn't even have to drink any water!

Gil.

KK0G

The first thing I noticed when I first went to the desert south west during July was the complete lack of humidity. I vividly remember when it hit almost 100 degrees one day, had I not seen the temp on a thermometer with my own two eyes I wouldn't have believed it, it was not in any way 'hot' like the miserable high humidity heat I was used to. Sure, standing out in the open sun was hot but stand in the shade and I could feel a huge temperature drop and the breeze blowing on my sweaty shirt cooled me very quickly. When I returned home and stepped off the air conditioned train in Kansas City the sweltering, inescapable, sticky humidity welcomed me back to the midwest like a punch in the face. In a nut shell, high humidity sucks!!

KK0G

RadioRay

Yes - I used to love south west Texas - near San Angelo ("FORT" Goodfellow - ha ha) because it could be 110F and be shirt sleeve weather, but not much more.  It felt GOOD, because there was no humidity problem. No mildew either - it died of thirst.

It was the same out at China Lake, Ca.  Cleeeeeeear skies, comfortable weather, winter or summer, because the humidity was so low. Plenty of go=go juice for a solar panel too.   ;^)

>RadioRay ..._ ._

gil

Joe

Normally it wouldn't be so bad, usually humidity runs around 12% on these 100+ degree days, but this time it's running 24 - 30%. So no relief by staying in the shade. It reminds me of work trips to Missouri in the summer. This just sucks !!!

Joe

RadioRay

The humidity here is a measured 80%.

Ray

KK0G

Quote from: Joe on July 01, 2013, 02:04:00 AM
Normally it wouldn't be so bad, usually humidity runs around 12% on these 100+ degree days, but this time it's running 24 - 30%. So no relief by staying in the shade. It reminds me of work trips to Missouri in the summer. This just sucks !!!

Joe

24-30%!?! That'd be like heaven on earth!

KK0G