Armored BitX40.

Started by gil, April 24, 2017, 12:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hi, no, I haven't gotten that far...

Gil.

Andywragg

Well looking at the circuit schematic, if you aren't going to use the supplied 10K pot to tune the VFO, then pins A0-A3 and A6 and A7 that are tracked to the CONTROLS header will be unused.

On the OSCILLATORS Header there are a number of pins unassigned already, D2 to D7 this should give you enough pins to map using the schema that Cockpitbob came up with.

Once a 'STAB in the Dark'
M6UAW

gil

Quote from: Andywragg on November 25, 2017, 02:11:32 PM
Well looking at the circuit schematic, if you aren't going to use the supplied 10K pot to tune the VFO, then pins A0-A3 and A6 and A7 that are tracked to the CONTROLS header will be unused.

On the OSCILLATORS Header there are a number of pins unassigned already, D2 to D7 this should give you enough pins to map using the schema that Cockpitbob came up with.
Thanks Andy. I need to get back to it... But then there is the new uBitX... And I have been building other kits...

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Andywragg

I've had the uBITX for some time now (just over a month) and have yet to make a start on it. I bought a pair of those plastic Banggood enclosures dirt cheap and started to mark out ready for cutting the face and rear plates but have had a change of heart and ordered one of those custom uBITX cases from India. $60 inc shipping for a pre-cut/drilled, painted grey aluminium case (note the correct spelling folks LOL) with a few extra connectivity bits included. Hopefully it should be here within a fortnight.
Once a 'STAB in the Dark'
M6UAW

gil

Back to work!

Actually, thanks to ELK here, Stan, this project just might see the light of day.

Stan is working on the Arduino code to drive the DDS, the Si5351A, to output from 4750 to 5250kHz, which translates to 6950 to 7450kHz for the BitX40.

Here is the list of the keys to be used on the keyboard:

• Numbers 0-9: Same.
  • Clr: Clear entry, reset.
  • Sto ENT: Enter frequency.
  • Batt CALL: Battery voltage output in Morse.
  • Freq: Frequency output in Morse.
  • Send OFST: + 100Hz. Hold +half-second=+100Hz 5x/sec (+500Hz/sec).
  • TIME: - 100Hz. Hold +half-second=-100Hz 5x/sec (-500Hz/sec).

Also planned are a confirmation beep and an out-of-range beep, maybe a battery low every-5-sec beep below a certain voltage to be determined.
I will let him post about his progress here  :)

Stay tuned...

Gil.

ELK

Hi everyone !

I have ordered 2 different kinds of 4x4 and 4x5 membrane matrix keyboards to simulate Gil's military keyboard and work on the corresponding Arduino code.

While waiting for them to come from China (with a bunch of other thingies for my Arduino ecosystem), I am working on adding morse code "talking" capacities to report useful data without any display to the original BitX40 Raduino code.

My main issue is to find enough free pins to connect the keyboard, a buzzer (passive if a pwm pin is available, active if not) for morse rendition and a pin to read battery voltage via a voltage divider (or a specific voltage/current sensor like INA169 and its successors).

I'll get you in touch of my progression...

73! de Stan.