I'm from DHS and I'm here to commandeer your frequencies. Completely andLegally

Started by WA4STO, October 29, 2013, 09:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WA4STO

Q.  For which levels of government infrastructure may a professional communicator participate on behalf of an employer in unlimited emergency preparedness or disaster readiness testing and drilling.

A.  For all levels of government: federal, state, county, municipal, foreign, etc, without time limits, unless they involve communications for RACES training.  Non-RACES government sponsored testing and drilling can be conducted any time, with priority over amateur service communications.  Read Section 97.101(c).

-----------

More -- MUCH more -- of this kind of Q & A can be found at  http://www.w3beinformed.org/  W3 "bald eagle" was once a big-wig with the FCC and has not been known to fib about such things.

He mentions DHS in all this, but he's quick to point out that ALL levels of gubbmint can take over our freqs at any time they damned well want to. 

Makes my blood boil.

Luck, WA4STO

madball13

Sure they can take it over but good luck stopping people from using it.

RichardSinFWTX

They may take our land; but they'll never take our FREEEEQQUENCIES!!!

WA4STO

Quote from: KF5RHI on October 30, 2013, 10:48:01 AM
They may take our land; but they'll never take our FREEEEQQUENCIES!!!

Yah, they're gonna have to pry my cold fingers away from my beloved rad-did-ios.

In the meantime, I need to find a way to convert my 12v power supply to, lessee, about 660 volts should do it.  No antennas necessary.

LH