More info on the modified off center fed dipole ADDED MORE !

Started by Lamewolf, April 28, 2017, 07:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamewolf

Just thought I would share a couple of diagrams with the group on my modified off center fed dipole that is working great so far.  The modification is the addition of a 120pf 5KV capacitor to move the 80 meter resonance more toward the center of the band without effecting the upper bands.  The cap also has a 1 megohm 5 watt carbon resistor across it to protect it from static damage.  The diagrams also have swr readings for my particular antenna - ENJOY !

gil

Lamewolf

I had added it to the other thread about the modified OCFD but wasn't sure anyone had seen it, so put it under a new thread to make sure.

Quietguy

Quote from: gil on April 28, 2017, 07:35:49 AM
Very interesting, thank you!

Gil.

Gil, we can not see images in posts until you approve them.  Right now I can't see any images in this thread or Lamewolf's original thread.  Apparently that was a change you made when you implemented the paid subscription plan, images posted by non-subscribers have to be moderated (approved).

Wally

cockpitbob

OK, that was weird
Quote from: Quietguy on April 28, 2017, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: gil on April 28, 2017, 07:35:49 AM
Very interesting, thank you!

Gil.

Gil, we can not see images in posts until you approve them.  Right now I can't see any images in this thread or Lamewolf's original thread.  Apparently that was a change you made when you implemented the paid subscription plan, images posted by non-subscribers have to be moderated (approved).

Wally

OK, that was weird.  I could see the images in the OP, but the border above the images/attachments said something like 'waiting for approval',  then there was a link that said 'approve images' so I clicked it and that border went away. :o
Gil, do I have some sort of god-like powers on this forum? 8)

gil

That's because I gave you administrator  privileges Bob ;-)

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lamewolf

Here is a better detailed diagram of what I built.