Backpacks

Started by KK0G, September 06, 2013, 01:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Garfio

All my ham radio gear is into this 5.11 moab 6 backpack, leads, rig, antennas, batteries, solar pannel, chargers etc.

For backpacking, alpinism, hiking or prepping I have anothers bags between 35 to 65 litres.

The next step is a little peli case to keep the 817 safe.
Sapere aude

gil

Hello,

I got a Hazard4 Plan B to use as my get-home bag. For my PRC-320 I use a Clansman Bergen made for it.

Gil.

Jon_Garfio

Quote from: gil on June 08, 2017, 10:02:41 AM
Hello,

I got a Hazard4 Plan B to use as my get-home bag. For my PRC-320 I use a Clansman Bergen made for it.

Gil.

No pics, no bags...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
Sapere aude

gil

Hi, I will take some soon :-)

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sparks

Quote from: Jon_Garfio on June 08, 2017, 04:56:11 AM
All my ham radio gear is into this 5.11 moab 6 backpack, leads, rig, antennas, batteries, solar pannel, chargers etc.

(My emphasis.) There is a large empty space after this sentence and before the two concluding ones, but I see absolutely no link(s) nor pictures or any other kind of illustration in between.

Quietguy

Quote from: Sparks on June 11, 2017, 06:45:01 PM
(My emphasis.) There is a large empty space after this sentence and before the two concluding ones, but I see absolutely no link(s) nor pictures or any other kind of illustration in between.

I suspect Jon's photos are waiting for Admin approval before we can see them.

Wally

Jon_Garfio

There is a pic in my post.
Nobody see it?

Sapere aude

gil

QuoteThere is a pic in my post. Nobody see it?

They do now :)

So here are the two bags: The camo bag on the left is the Clansman Bergen for the PRC-320. The one on the right is my get-home-bag, a Hazard4 Plan B. I ought to do a video on it some time. Contents described below...

Get-home-bag:

• First aid kit.
  • Water.
  • Flashlight.
  • GP-5 gas mask and filter.
  • Toilet paper.
  • Poncho.
  • Fire tools.
  • Khukri knife.
  • 14W solar panel.
  • Batteries, phone charger.
  • Monocle 8x.
  • UHF DMR handheld radio TYT MD-390.
  • Some EDC pocket items.

Weapons are not allowed in France so the Khukri only makes it to the bag while camping or trekking, even though that is still prohibited.
I plan on adding:

• Lifestraw water filter.
  • Mosquito head net.
  • Mini Geiger counter.
  • Other stuff I can't think of right now.

The bag is pretty full as is...
Also planned outside of the bag is a British NBC suit. I have a basha (large camo tarp) ready to be strapped to the bag as well. My MTR tea can is more of a Bug-out bag item. This bag is only to get me back home. I need to be careful where I take this bag because in France, due to recent events, you are generally searched entering many venues, stores, etc. A sad state of affairs... I have nothing prohibited in the bag (not sure about the gas mask) but it might raise eyebrows here, and even prompt temporary detention. In the U.S. it would be no problem at all.

Gil.

Jon_Garfio

Weapons are no allowed in France?

Explain it, I though France has more permisive restrictions than crazy Spain's law.

Sapere aude

gil

QuoteWeapons are no allowed in France? Explain it, I though France has more permisive restrictions than crazy Spain's law.

In France you can't carry weapons. You can buy any knife you want, but not carry one if it is too big or the blade locks, which is crazy because it is a safety feature. To buy a repeating (manual) rifle or shotgun you need a valid hunting license or be an active member of a shooting club (they keep attendance). To buy a handgun or a semi-auto rifle you also need to be in a gun club, shoot regularly and submit a permit for a license after six months of regular attendance. Then you wait another three months to get a reply. You can buy up to twelve guns. Each permit for each gun must be renewed every five years. You must show proof of ownership of a safe to get a permit. You can only transport your gun from your house to the shooting range where you have your membership, ammunition in a separate locked case and gun disabled in a locked case. It is pretty ridiculous and has of course nothing to do with public safety...

Gil.

Jon_Garfio

More or less same as Spain.

What a pitty the most EU countries except Chekia or Poland have a insanity laws about weapons.

Sapere aude