7.62 Paddle

Started by Joe, June 05, 2013, 09:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Another crazy idea popped into my head today about making a paddle for my Rock-Mite.  ??? So I took a break from work to see if I might have something. I grabbed two 7.62 x 51 casings from the bad brass bucket, dug threw my box and retrieved the wear plates I had from when I worked on utility trucks, and a couple of 1/4" clevis pins.

I drilled holes threw the brass to accept the pins. Then drilled holes threw the pad. And stuck it all together.

It is still in the beginning stages but the just of the build is there. Once the brass is completed I will seat a couple of bullets in them to round out the look.

73 Joe

KC9TNH

LOL - I like it.
3rd terminal for keyer functions or are you going to route that as a 'common' underneath the tacti-cool base?

Need to find a police armorer who routinely swaps-out the standard 5# Glock trigger spring; couple of those for nuthin' could be useful.
;D

WA4STO

Clever.  Very very clever.

Or as you-know-who said -- 'tacti-cool!'    :)

Luck

Joe

Quote from: KC9TNH on June 06, 2013, 06:06:02 AM
LOL - I like it.
3rd terminal for keyer functions or are you going to route that as a 'common' underneath the tacti-cool base?

Need to find a police armorer who routinely swaps-out the standard 5# Glock trigger spring; couple of those for nuthin' could be useful.
;D

I am going with 3 terminals. As for the 5# Glock springs, I have a tray full of them from all the Glocks I have worked on. But digging in my used parts box I found a HK firing pin spring that should do the job.  ;)

The only thing I will have to buy is the plug and wire. And I stopped when I was in town this morning and picked one up, everything else I have laying around the shop. So total cost of this build will be $10.00 for the cord and plug.  ;D Not bad for a 7.62 'tacti- 8)' paddle.

KK0G

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KC9TNH

Quote from: Joe on June 06, 2013, 07:46:21 PM...I found a HK firing pin spring that should do the job.  ;)
Show-off, now it's gonna be way too pricey.
;D

RadioRay

Tritium inserts so that you can find and orient your paddles in the dark?   

That is a cool set-up.  Mongo LIKE!

>Ray

Ps.  What color are the tips on QRM piercing rounds?
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Joe

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Finished it today now I just have to finish the Rock-Mite to use it. I did check the continuity and all is good.

Quote from: RadioRay on June 06, 2013, 09:54:04 PM
Tritium inserts so that you can find and orient your paddles in the dark?   

That is a cool set-up.  Mongo LIKE!

>Ray

Ps.  What color are the tips on QRM piercing rounds?

No Tritium insets on the paddle saving those for the End Fed. I seated 150 grain FMJ QRM piercing rounds.  ;D

Joe

KK0G

I like the finished product, very cool. If nothing else it's a hell of a conversation piece for both hams and non-hams alike.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

KC9TNH

Quote from: Joe on June 07, 2013, 04:32:20 PMI seated 150 grain FMJ QRM piercing rounds.  ;D

Joe
Nice artistic touch to leave the cannelure showing; how did that MacGyver guy ever get his own show?

cockpitbob

s2man

Very cool.  I sent a link to my buddy who is heavy into reloading  (like he has an alarm go off at 3a.m. to get up and order supplies)