The ULTIMATE QRP "Assault Radio" for the Adventurer

Started by RadioRay, February 24, 2013, 09:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioRay

Gil & I were designing this water tight, shoulder operated QRP rig with built-in magnetic-loop antenna, stabilizing forward hand-grip/tuning knob, key in the pistol grip, day/night frequency display (hooded), Quick change/Hi-Capacity battery pack and 'ground spike'.  The rig has an -auto-keyer in it, capable of sending DITS & DAHS as fast as you can pull the trigger. However, recent legislation has made it highly UNlikely that it will ever go into production. 

What A Shame - -

de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

Geek

cockpitbob

RadioRay

"... CO2 powered antenna launcher..."

Oh!  Over/Under, potato gun on the lower like a radio M-203!

>de RadioRay ..._ ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

WA4STO

Alas, Walmart is already out of them.

I asked the kind lady about them and the lack of ammo.  Her reply was that Gil and Ray bought so much ammo that they had to put up a sign saying something about "only one million rounds per person per day, sorry". 

73 de WA4STO

gil

Mine will be an 1873 model...  :o Nice wood n' sh-t..
Big bore antenna  8)

Gil.

KC9TNH

Quote from: RadioRay on February 25, 2013, 10:06:48 AM
"... CO2 powered antenna launcher..."

Oh!  Over/Under, potato gun on the lower like a radio M-203!

>de RadioRay ..._ ._
Precisely, you need a blooper. I like the field-latrine engineer tool on the front.

KC9TNH

ERRATA:  You need to incorporate a miniaturized version of the Assault Dongle Intercept Operations System (ADIOS) so you can DF the UAVs and... well, action as appropriate.

White Tiger

I heard there is an old Soviet version of this you can save a LOT of money on - its called the Mosin NoYouCant (it uses the wrist rocket attachment for the antenna shooteroverthetree thingy, and it requires rare Russian vacuum tubes)...
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

KC9TNH

Quote from: White Tiger on February 26, 2013, 01:27:16 AM
I heard there is an old Soviet version of this you can save a LOT of money on - its called the Mosin NoYouCant...
Now THAT's funny. Da. Radials? Nyet! Run antenna, attach OEM bayonet, up-end and plant in the ground to help the end-fed.

(Of course I have one Comrade.)

White Tiger

Hah...lends new significance to the term:  Line of Sight...
If you're looking for me, you're probably looking in the wrong place.