Broke my QRP rig today

Started by KK0G, September 12, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

I broke one of my QRP rigs today >:( . As I was climbing out of a motor grader my iPhone fell out of my pocket a landed on hard concrete shattering the glass covering the screen................ technically it is a QRP rig 8) . Fortunately I was able to find a replacement screen kit with tools on eBay for only $25. Not my usual QRP homebrewing/repairing project but I'll give it a shot.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RichardSinFWTX

gil

I was affraid you broke your KX1.. Who cares about the phone!  :D

Gil.

KK0G

Quote from: gil on September 12, 2013, 11:21:10 PM
I was affraid you broke your KX1.. Who cares about the phone!  :D

Gil.

I'll agree with that! My phone breaks.............. mehhh, that kinda sucks but I'll fix it relatively cheap. My KX1 breaks on the other hand.................NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

RadioRay

Thank goodness it was only your iPhone!  A man can live without a phone but without a QRP CW rig .  It would be sheer drudgery !

>Ray
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry