Maritime CW.

Started by gil, February 03, 2015, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gil

Hello,

Well, almost... The boat is at the dock, but tonight I will be listening on 7030 between 7pm and 11pm EST. I brought my K1 and an end-fed tuner: http://www.earchi.org/92011endfedfiles/Endfed6_40.pdf connected to the insulated backstay. The K1 ATU tunes 40,30,20 and 15m with the tuner without batting an eye.

Stop by and say hello  ;)

Gil.

gil

7030 is too busy... Now on 7068.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioRay

I am half way to my new, cool job in Utah (Lion Tamer/Exotic Dancer) , so getting on the air is not going to happen, but please keep us posted on your /mm test runs!

>RadioRay ..._  ._
"When we cannot do the good we would, we must be ready to do the good we can."  ~ Matthew Henry

gil

Hi, I've made a few contacts, one in Puerto Rico. Nobody from the forum, that I know of... Have fun moving ;-)

Gil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cockpitbob

I listened around 9:00 last night but 7.068 has S9++ of some kind of white noise QRM here.  It's still there now :-[ .   And yeah, 7.030 was a mad house last night.

gil

Too bad Bob!

I am happy to report that the EARCHI tuner works really well, though it does need a regular tuner to work. No problem with the K1 ATU of course, which can tune a 25' coax connected to nothing.. Don't ask me how I know ::) I will mount it permanently to be used with the insulated backstay.

I had a nice chat with a guy named Mac. It isn't very often that one finds a Ham willing to ragchew. Everybody else was just a quickie, which for me always feels like a waste of time..

Gil.

Ding Bat

How long is the radiating part of your boat's insulated backstay? Thank you.

gil

Hello, I don't remember and unfortunately lost my boat, but if you find measurements for the Morris Frances 26 you will have your answer...

Gil

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk