Saturday night meet up? (3/22/2014)

Started by NWARadio, March 21, 2014, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWARadio

How'd some folks like to try and meet up tomorrow night on HF? I've also got access to an EchoLink repeater and I can put EchoLink on my phone, too. I'll be cutting wood tomorrow, so I won't be able to get on until evening/night. Probably around 6pm CST til 9 or 10. Just give me a time and a frequency! Keep it Tech or General; I don't have my Extra class yet.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

gil

If I'm home I'll get on the air  :)

Gil.

John Galt

I should be available.  I'll meet you here and we'll pick a frequency then.

I guess we'll need everyone to post their call signs.  I'm <expletive deleted  :)>.  Real name PJ.

madball13

no need to post call signs. just pick a freq on SSB and I'll try to make it

vwflyer

I'll try and tune in. My 80 meter dipole won't let me transmit on any freq. higher than about 21 MHz.

NWARadio

What's everyone's license class? That'll help us decide where we can meet. I'm a General but my antenna won't tune 160m. 80 and up I'll be ok on.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

John Galt

The TAPRN frequencies are 7.242 and 14.242.  I'd suggest 20 meters.

vwflyer

vwflyer

I just discovered that my 80 meter dipole will tune up on 10 meters :D. If this is to be done as SSB phone then 28.3-28.5 is about the only place techs can participate. I don't know if there is anybody with a tech license here wanting to join in or not. About an hour ago the conditions on 10m were pretty good but they are probably deteriorating rapidly.

John Galt

Looks like somebody moved into 14.242 so we can maybe move up some.  VW, I'm up and running.  Is anyone else available?

vwflyer

Just saw you were up John. What freq?

John Galt

John Galt

vwflyer

yup. no contact on 28.365 but heard someone asking if freq in use but didn't hear call sign.