Touch Keyer

Started by KK0G, May 04, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KK0G

Hopefully I can find room inside my Weber MTR for this tiny touch keyer circuit board because I just ordered one. My plan is to glue two small pads of copper clad board to the front and right sides of the enclosure in the front/right corner for paddles.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G

NWARadio

That'll be interesting to see. I'm going to go to Radio Shack this week if I have time and look for some momentary push buttons that are pretty small and see if I can't whip up a piece of pvc pipe with switches under my forefinger and thumb (on top, mounted in a pvc cap) to see how practical it is to do CW one handed. I'm thinking a strap to wrap around my hand to prevent the pipe from falling out of my hand should do the trick. I'm thinking if the switches were normally open switches and I ran the ground to one lead of the switch and hot to the other, it should work. When you get your touch keys installed, I'd like to see them. I freaking love small stuff! Especially if it's almost completely self contained so there's less to carry around.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

KK0G

Quote from: NWARadio on May 04, 2014, 08:28:19 PM
That'll be interesting to see. I'm going to go to Radio Shack this week if I have time and look for some momentary push buttons that are pretty small and see if I can't whip up a piece of pvc pipe with switches under my forefinger and thumb (on top, mounted in a pvc cap) to see how practical it is to do CW one handed. I'm thinking a strap to wrap around my hand to prevent the pipe from falling out of my hand should do the trick. I'm thinking if the switches were normally open switches and I ran the ground to one lead of the switch and hot to the other, it should work. When you get your touch keys installed, I'd like to see them. I freaking love small stuff! Especially if it's almost completely self contained so there's less to carry around.
Now you're talking my language......... small, compact and simple. I love operating portable but I don't like dragging out, untangling, plugging in and hooking up a a bunch of stuff to a bunch of other stuff, then turning around and reversing the whole process to move on. Hence the reason I really like my KX1; toss wire into tree and attach it directly to the radio, plug in ear buds, operate.

PS: Although a couple of switches from Radio Shack won't exactly break the bank, if you go through much electronic "stuff" like I do it will very quickly add up. I get most of my components from eBay for literally a tenth of the price for the same thing at Radio Shack.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

KK0G