Building the 'CW Scrubber Kit'

Started by WA4STO, June 16, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WA4STO

Let the soldering begin!

Before I even got started, I was reminded of the dangers of soldering.

"Be careful when soldering; most irons heat to above 70 degrees C and your skin begins to burn at 55 degrees C"

Ah... point taken.

Note WA4STO-bot coyly watching from the shelf.  Of more interest, perhaps, is the nifty little Hammond enclosure that he's sitting on.  I was not expecting to get that enclosure with the kit as I was going to perpendicularly mount the scrubber to WA4STO-bot.  And I sure didn't pay for it.  Nice surprise!

For a bigger picture -- MUCH bigger -- point your browser to:  http://www.hurderconsulting.net/radiostuff/scrubkit.jpg

73 de Luck, WA4STO

cockpitbob

Luck, did you finish the kit?  How do you like it?

WA4STO

Way-ull...

I'm about 95 percent done.

Before I get the last five percent done, I'm gonna do an article on how NOT to solder and  how to ignore the kit maker and ALWAYS use IC sockets.

At this point, I've got enough how NOT to points to dwarf any previous articles or columns written for QST or 73.

In addition, my traffic output has increased to the point where this retiree can't get outside to split wood, mow the lawn or otherwise get the honey-doozies done, before it's high time to take yet another nappie.

I'm just thankful that the letters "S" "M" and "D" haven't found their way together, anywhere near THIS shack!

Luck, WA4STO
wa4sto.wordpress.com

cockpitbob