Shack in a box

Started by NCGunDude, October 03, 2015, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate96

Quote from: NCGunDude on March 10, 2016, 05:55:41 AM
I've downsized my shack to a 6U case, with no drawer. The 8U case and drawer weigh 25 lbs by themselves!

The 6U is lighter, and I'm more likely to take it with me in the field. I'm planning a camping trip at a lake less than 10 minutes from the house. Unfortunately, spring break for me and the kids isn't the same time as the wife's, so she has class that week. I'll spend the week camping and anyone who wants to join, can.

A fellow ham is going to help me setup and test a dipole I built that connects to a balun installed in the case. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out why my reception on HF is so horrible with the same antenna design installed in the attic.

I've been able to use PSK31 on 10, 20, and 40m with the current setup. Sorry for the poor quality pics.

I like the 6u case. Approximately where you plan on camping. Would love to see the IC-7200 operating remotely. Hard to beat a doublet and ladder line.

NCGunDude

Quote from: Pirate96 on March 10, 2016, 10:01:45 AM
I like the 6u case. Approximately where you plan on camping. Would love to see the IC-7200 operating remotely. Hard to beat a doublet and ladder line.

I hear you Pirate96. I'm planning on going to a state campground around Falls Lake in central NC. If everything works out, I'll get a video posted.